My sad story.

Help Support CattleToday:

fourstates

Reaction score
I have been off the boards for awhile. I missed you all and still check in to see what's going on.... I have moved to Houston, and left my farm and cattle behind. My marriage of 16 years broke up. My husband "moved on" before our marriage ended. Maybe I spent too much time with the cattle. My Beefmaster herd that I worked so hard to build will be broken up and sold. I hated moving back to a big city, but staying in the small town I lived in, was impossible. I have family here and will have no trouble getting a nursing job.

The single world is hard on women over fifty. The internet dating thread cracked me up. Maybe I will try it, with a headline..Must Love Cattle. Anyway, sorry for unloading.

Hang in there like an old rusty nail, it will get better.

Yes, been there also an its never easy.

Hey, fifty is the new thirty!

It's Houston. Maybe you can meet some rich old coot with one foot in the grave. Hospitals are a good place to meet people. My sister met her husband in one. She's a nurse.

Lammie":3orbjr84 said:

It's Houston. Maybe you can meet some rich old coot with one foot in the grave. Hospitals are a good place to meet people. My sister met her husband in one. She's a nurse.

Lammie, I'm thinking you aren't going to make a career giving dating tips.

john250":1ysasnhy said:
Lammie":1ysasnhy said:

I think that's the best dating tip I have. I'd do it.

Fourstates,I'm sorry to hear about your luck.Time will heal and things will get better.
Like others here been there and done that.

Cal

So very sorry to hear you have had to leave your farm and cattle. Tuff stuff to deal with but hang in there and hopefully you will get back to the country in time.

sorry to hear that i know its hard for you going though all of that.an add to it having to sale a herd that youve worked so hard at building.but things will get better for you.

Thanks, you all, I know many of you have this "t-shirt". I just hate starting my life all over, but I do intend to come out of this a better person.

I hate hearing that. Sometimes things just don't work out. As far as starting over you can do it. I don't know if I could have given up all of my cows though. That would be the worst thing for me. I could survive without the old man. It would be alot less work on me. No cooking ,washing his clothes and whatever else he comes up with.
Hold your head high and git 'er done.

Joy of Texas":189e99ue said:
I hate hearing that. Sometimes things just don't work out. As far as starting over you can do it. I don't know if I could have given up all of my cows though. That would be the worst thing for me. I could survive without the old man. It would be alot less work on me. No cooking ,washing his clothes and whatever else he comes up with.
Hold your head high and git 'er done.
come on joy be nice to your old man.after all he does help with the beefmasters.

Hey,I got a perfectly good brother(well,he is missing part of a leg) in a rehab center in Fort Worth..No money tho..

fourstates,

I'm 58 now. Single for 25 years looking for Ms. Right. At 55 I met her in Starbucks. You never know. Advise? Get out in public every day. Work doesn't count. Just remember, you want to return to the country. :wave:

john250":1e6fq761 said:
Lammie":1e6fq761 said:

Maybe not but sometimes when she talks like that she sure gives me the willies.

I am glad you are back on the boards again. Sorry to hear about your circumstances but I agree with everyone else that it is most likely for the best. 50 is still young and I am sure dating in this day and age is hard whether you are 20 or 70 just take things slowly and always be true to yourself....

Good luck with the job search and enjoy "me" time for once as I am sure you probably gave more than you got...

Take Care.. :)

hillsdown":kn4s1tpz said:
I am glad you are back on the boards again. Sorry to hear about your circumstances but I agree with everyone else that it is most likely for the best. 50 is still young and I am sure dating in this day and age is hard whether you are 20 or 70 just take things slowly and always be true to yourself....

Good luck with the job search and enjoy "me" time for once as I am sure you probably gave more than you got...

Take Care.. :)

Everything HD wrote was primo, and this is soooooo important...

enjoy "me" time for once as I am sure you probably gave more than you got...

Alice

Latest posts