my replacements this yr..beefmasters again

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef":142uvmxs said:
i know..and im in the minority on this but i rarely ever turn one out til theyre 18 mos. and i only do that to try to synchronize....my bull is big....i try not to get em hurt..the hiefers that is
i bred heifers to bulls that weighed a ton,, they balance thierselves if their not lazy breeders.. its the mature cows that ride em. that i have more trouble with injuries..

well ive got one many time bred cow and a first time hifer both hobbling right now...all i can figure is the bull is putting a hurting on them....

dieselbeef":1jcf606s said:
yeah i was on the fence about the first one but the dam and sire are real nice..think she might just be behind the curve so i took it too...

625 ea
diesellbeef-

I think it would more understandable if you could explain what you mean exactly by ". . .the dam and sire are real nice. . .".

"Real nice" does not tell anything about the traits or characteristics of an individual.

DOC HARRIS

shes the smartest one of the lot tho. already making it into the feed bunk and folowing the first rd into the pens..the other dummies still out trying the fenceline

I hate to be the sheep, but I don't like #1 all that much, and the last one might deserve a better pic to make a good evaluation.. the red girl is nice, but I'm personally not much for the brahma look... that's just me though

As for #1, I remember posting a pic of one of my original cows, and someone said it was one of the worst cows he'd ever seen, yet she and her daughters have done well and have been pretty troublefree. Meanwhile I have 2 cows who are beautiful, thick, and heavy milkers, but we've kept 2 daughters of each of them and they were nothing but trouble, and couldn't wean a decent calf to save their life... so they didn't stay alive.

the red one got alotta dewlap for sure.. 1 is a wait and see. she doesnt look as funny in person. she looks out of proportion in the pic...not as bad in the pasture

dieselbeef":32m3v6bg said:
shes the smartest one of the lot tho. already making it into the feed bunk and folowing the first rd into the pens..the other dummies still out trying the fenceline
:bang: :deadhorse:

DOC HARRIS

It may be the angle of the picture, the first one looks sort of bullish about the head and neck. Almost as if someone photoshopped a different head and neck on a heifer.

I think that the others will do well for you. They look like they will make good commercial cows. Hope that they grow out well and breed when they are supposed to.

Gary- why aren't you going to register them? seems that you could get a bit more for them later if you had to sell em, even as 5 yo cows. Also, gives you the option of selling their calves registered. whats your (and anybody else) thoughts on this?

cost and im lazy...i probly should.

ive got a reg bull. also now i have 10 bfmastr cow/hiefers. idk. that as the origianl plan i guess i just aint got round to it.

i paid mrkt price tho so im not sure if it would bring more or not...everyone knocks beefmasters locally until they come see em. then i tell em what they are and they think more of em. but it could just be the cond too

Hard to tell with some of the angles of the pictures -- but all look to be balanced front to back, might be a little pinched up front but solid players with some flashy colors if that won't hurt you in the sale barn... we try to keep solid dark red, and black to not get dinged out here... but every know and then we get a flashy one.

#1 - as you know already is deficient, we would have culled her, but if you are determined to give her a shot and keep her through breeding -- she needs to be paired with a bull that isn't leggy like she is that will put some weight on both the front and the back... if you had a short-legged freight train of a bull, that would work best.

Good luck with them all.

Latest posts