My Redneck love poem

Help Support CattleToday:

Bama

Reaction score
My version of a redneck love poem

Roses are red, my truck is too,
I'd give you a kiss, but you'd steal my chew.
I luv you more n more each passing day,
You smell nearly as good as fresh cut hay.
You're the cream in my butter, the coffee in my cup,
You're just about as purty as a blue tick pup.
My buddies can't believe this jewel I've found,
I'm happier than a John Deere tractor on unplowed ground....
I'll never forget our very first date,
I brought the boat and you dug the bait.
Your eyes they sparkle and light up my dreams,
Like morning dew on collard greens.
You get purtier and purtier all the time,
I'm sho nuff proud to call you mine.
You're sweeter than apples or maybe even peach,
We make a pair, you're the scratch to my itch.
You're as fresh as watermelon that needs a pickin,
You're the reason my heart beats and keeps on tickin.
You drive me crazy and I've always knew,
I shore am lucky to have a sweet thang like you.

J Pace

If you found a girl like that you are lucky, are their anymore like her in your neck of the woods, because there sure ain't no country girls left in our area anymore, they put on cowboy boots and western clothes and wanna go boot scootin on Saturday nite and get drunk,that sure don't make them country, it's got to be bred into you. I found mine almost 50 years ago and it took someone like her to have put up with me all these years, no city girl would have put up with my country ways.

That was very creative. As a family we sit down in the evening and share the highlights of our day. Reading your poem was mine. Thanks for sharing. You can bet it will get read to my wife and kids tonight.

when you make statements on here sometimes you do not convey your true thoughts as you mean them and they come out wrong, if I can make it come out right this time. When I was growing up their was true county people, no running water, no electricity, out house , cooked by wood or kerosene , your closest neighbor may have been a mile or more away. Chickens and all other farm animals ran loose in the yard, girls helped with the outdoor chores and went barefoot, if they got chicken mess between their toes they did not give it a second thought. but when they went to town they cleaned up real good and did not show country at all . They knew what real country living was and have carried it through out their lives.

Latest posts