My Poor Dog

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Or should that be lucky, if it had been broken much higher up he would not still be here. The break was about 2 inches above his knee. He gets a cast for about a month and then he should be good as new. He's feeling pretty sorry for himself right now, just sulks around the house. No cows for him for a while, and I think he is bored. On the other hand, he gets to stay in the house, which he doesn't usually get to do.

At least your dog is in better shape than my poor Al is.. :(

Radiliana, he is on the mend and will be as good as new soon. I wonder though if he is going to be a little "gun shy" around the cows now when he has to work them ?

Steffie got kicked one time by my horse and dislocated her shoulder, it stopped her chasing cows and horses for about a six months after she mended..But when she did get back into the game again she was faster and smarter when she nips them she does it from the side not behind.. :lol2:

hillsdown":2j7o80tl said:
At least your dog is in better shape than my poor Al is.. :(

Radiliana, he is on the mend and will be as good as new soon. I wonder though if he is going to be a little "gun shy" around the cows now when he has to work them ?

Steffie got kicked one time by my horse and dislocated her shoulder, it stopped her chasing cows and horses for about a six months after she mended..But when she did get back into the game again she was faster and smarter when she nips them she does it from the side not behind.. :lol2:

Sorry about your Al :frowns:

Kit has been kicked numerous times, mostly he seems to take them in the head. Usually slows him down a bit, but he will get right back in there most of the time. It wouldn't hurt to have him a little gun shy, might save him some more kicks. Apparently his head is harder than his leg, or there isn't much in there to rattle around :lol2: . He is a very aggressive dog with the cattle, almost too aggressive.

Hopefully he is as smart as your Steffie, and figures out how to do it and save himself some damage.

Randiliana,
How's your dog doing. I hope his broken leg has healed and he is back to work. Best wishes,
Tom.

Oh, he is doing well. Has another 10 days or so in a cast. We had to put one of those cones on him yesterday, he was busy chewing his cast. Now he has this really offended and embarassed look to him. Like, "how could you do this to me??". I'll have to get a photo to post of him :nod:

poor guy! he looks like hes feeling sorry for himself!

If he is like my old heeler was, he wont miss a beat. my heeler got kicked in the face and had to have surgery to sew his dang face back on..did not faze him at all...when I took him out again, you would have thought he hadnt missed anything..did give the one horse an extra nip for good measure though..

Latest posts