My place, my cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

Very nice!
Cattle look very happy and the green green grass makes me want summer even more so!
Murray, yes I think the cattle are very happy, I think the calves really enjoy exploring the rocks and terrain about the place and it helps I think, they are happy, enjoy life and grow well. Our soil is poor but things work. I enjoy the challenge of the terrain as well. I drive north of here to see doctors and go through some very fertile open downs country but I find it boring compared to my place.

Ken

Looks great, so good to see you lot on the east having a good year after some absolute shockers a couple of seasons back. Hopefully another five or six good years in a row, really set you up to handle worse conditions. We are having a ripper year here in the west, record grain harvest and excellent prices. But we've had a few good years now with pockets here and there missing out, the south coast and far east in particular. Your cattle are certainly showing the results of the good conditions. They'll be snapped up when ready for sale. I think rocky outcrops like you have are a good thing, cattle love exploring and finding bits to eat here and there that may have different mineral content. Plus i find a bit of rock keeps their feet in good shape.

Looks great, so good to see you lot on the east having a good year after some absolute shockers a couple of seasons back. Hopefully another five or six good years in a row, really set you up to handle worse conditions. We are having a ripper year here in the west, record grain harvest and excellent prices. But we've had a few good years now with pockets here and there missing out, the south coast and far east in particular. Your cattle are certainly showing the results of the good conditions. They'll be snapped up when ready for sale. I think rocky outcrops like you have are a good thing, cattle love exploring and finding bits to
Average seasons I can deal with Red.

Ken
lol, and mine too. We're they balling?...i mean look at the shade and tall grass and rocks...beautiful land. Nobody was hungry. Must have been a move to a new paddock... confusion.
They get shifted every 4 days but they are lousy counters. The morning ritual is to stand at a gate and try and convince me to let them through to the next paddock.

Ken

Average seasons I can deal with Red.

Ken

They get shifted every 4 days but they are lousy counters. The morning ritual is to stand at a gate and try and convince me to let them through to the next paddock.

Ken
Fun to watch them kick up their heels when they go to fresh grass. I like the little things in life.

Latest posts