My newest zebra filly

Help Support CattleToday:

cameldairy":25ywx3zi said:
Yes camel roam free in Australia, many think they are a great nuisance. Too bad our wonderful Government won't allow anymore importation of the exotics for the most part. Even though camels were in the United States a long time before humans were, and they were domesticated before Christ time, they are considered to be "wild and exotic" by our USDA.
We had camels in the US?? He## we didn't even have horses til the spanish arrived. For once I have to agree with the dam government on this one.

cameldairy":27vif41d said:
What about narrow minded humans? Even though these are FAR from exotic!!! :roll:
Hopefully we've got more "level headed" humans that are concerned with our own.

Marbles.jpg
"Marbles" my zorse has spots and stripes!

Yup! Although extremely rare, it is possible to get horses in true brindle colour, but then one has to crossbreed too because they are so few that breeding within any breed is seldom an option. When it comes to zebroids all males and most females are sterile because of differences in the chromosome count. In theory one could find one of the fertile zebroid mares and mate it to a horse, and some of the offspring would be striped. I hear only five percent of mule mares are fertile, so chances are low.

Latest posts