My new shop / junk hole

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I was wondering if any one can suggest some lights that are pretty bright I can put regular fluorescent shop lights no problem take about 10 it to be really bright probably. What do you all use?

M-5":3lt8mgpl said:
go with LED lights cheaper to operate and much brighter

J&D Cattle":3lt8mgpl said:
LED is what I'm going with as well. Electrician friend of mine highly recommended those over other options.

Ok I will look into it. Led regular bulbs or like a LED shop light?

My shop has giant versions of the spiral bulb you use in your house. They are about a foot long and 30 bucks each. You put them in a regular bulb fixture. It is 46x70 have 15 total 3 rows. Could not be happier with the brightness and evenness of light. Four years no failures. Also wired the whole thing with mc cable like that too.

They make led bulbs for fluorescent fixtures that the ballast has burned out. The ballast are built on to the bulbs I haven't seen any yet in use. My cousin has a supply of them and has them in his garage and swears by them. If you could find some or had some old fixtures might be a cheap way to light it up

Ky cowboy":3ng2jz7n said:
They make led bulbs for fluorescent fixtures that the ballast has burned out. The ballast are built on to the bulbs I haven't seen any yet in use. My cousin has a supply of them and has them in his garage and swears by them. If you could find some or had some old fixtures might be a cheap way to light it up

I have plenty of fixtures they work with the regular fluorescent bulbs is it OK to put LEDs in it or do ballasts need to be not working

I haven't seen them personally, but supposedly you rewire the light to were it bypasses the ballast. I think they sell them at the box stores

you remove the old ballast, working or not...

We're looking to upgrade our shop lighting but will wait for LED prices to come down a little yet.. in a year or two perhaps

Nesikep":2huutxur said:
you remove the old ballast, working or not...

We're looking to upgrade our shop lighting but will wait for LED prices to come down a little yet.. in a year or two perhaps

What u save in energy is more than the cost of a converting. I think they are about as cheap as there gonna get. Demand will drive prices back up

skyhightree1":1ai3211a said:
M-5":1ai3211a said:

Thanks M5 you were right those LED'S are super bright and the lights not dull or yellowish love them

Your welcome , I love leds , Gonna add a few more to my tractor this year also so it looks like a ufo landing at night

M-5":2vqjn3sc said:
skyhightree1":2vqjn3sc said:
M-5":2vqjn3sc said:

Thanks M5 you were right those LED'S are super bright and the lights not dull or yellowish love them

Your welcome , I love leds , Gonna add a few more to my tractor this year also so it looks like a ufo landing at night

I have led's on the working lights on one tractor but regular on the front and they suck. I been trying to catch some led light bars on sale somewhere but no such luck yet. The work lights that were led I bought for 10 bucks each from ebay.

Nesikep":2w2rzb4w said:
We don't spend THAT much on energy.. between the shop and the house it's $100/month in the winter, less in the summer
Pssst--hey you. Wanna buy some incandescents? The real thing, not those new high priced curly things. C'mon, ya know you want these babies. New, still in the box--real lights and none of that cheap chicom junk either. More? Don't worry. I know a guy that knows a guy that can get me all I want, and I'll cut you a good deal. Tell your friends too..I'm around most days..they can find me. Just ask for gb...

greybeard":1cmr0t5f said:
Nesikep":1cmr0t5f said:
We don't spend THAT much on energy.. between the shop and the house it's $100/month in the winter, less in the summer
Pssst--hey you. Wanna buy some incandescents? The real thing, not those new high priced curly things. C'mon, ya know you want these babies. New, still in the box--real lights and none of that cheap chicom junk either. More? Don't worry. I know a guy that knows a guy that can get me all I want, and I'll cut you a good deal. Tell your friends too..I'm around most days..they can find me. Just ask for gb...

:lol2:

Latest posts