My new OLD truck

Help Support CattleToday:

That is a good price!
(get one of those orange cones to carry around, and with it and that utility body, you can park anywhere in town you want and no one will ever say a word)

That's my kind of truck right there, now just put some mud grips on her and you are good to go. No way I would have passed up that deal.

I think you done fine.. parts are plentiful and cheap when you need them, the 350 engine has been around a while and stood the test of time.

I don't know about identifying the transmission, but I would think it's an NV4500 in that year, Gear ratios might be on the build sticker under the hood, maybe on the B pillar sticker, or if nothing else, they'll be on the differential tag that's held on with 2 of the diff cover bolts.. probably one of 3.55, 3.73, or 4.10.. might need a wire brush to clean them off

I will give twice what you paid for it. Really I'm looking for a truck and looks like that fits the bill

Twice that? Try 5x times that minimum. You won't find a used truck of any kind around here that runs for $1k. I think you got a steal.

Congrats on the truck I'd bought it for the junk holding capacity lol I prefer 3.73 seems to be best gear ratio for me I think most of my trucks have them I think with 4.10 soon as you start towing you will watch the gas needle drop.

i know a guy runnin one just like that and his is over 200k and going strong..

Dogs and Cows":3hy3u5vt said:
Nesikep":3hy3u5vt said:
I don't know about identifying the transmission, but I would think it's an NV4500 in that year, Gear ratios might be on the build sticker under the hood, maybe on the B pillar sticker, or if nothing else, they'll be on the differential tag that's held on with 2 of the diff cover bolts.. probably one of 3.55, 3.73, or 4.10.. might need a wire brush to clean them off

I check the codes and it has the 4.10 gear ratio. Good for towing correct?
It'll handle heavier loads better, though it might get a little tiring to run it on an interstate for extended times.. I had 4.10's on a diesel and had to get rid of them, 5th gear topped out at about 75mph.. Now on a gasser it shouldn't be nearly as bad.

Latest posts