My New Horse

Help Support CattleToday:

Nice Mare!

you've missed out..Abdullah was one heck of a horse..when I was young..and crazy..and rode event horses..I looked at a son of his as a prospect..

abdullah11d.jpg

http://www.sporthorse-breeder.com/Stall ... ullah.html

spinandslide":1shdvrkg said:
Nice Mare!

you've missed out..Abdullah was one heck of a horse..when I was young..and crazy..and rode event horses..I looked at a son of his as a prospect..

abdullah11d.jpg

http://www.sporthorse-breeder.com/Stall ... ullah.html

That's him in all his magnifiscence!! I remember at one time, someone, not sure if it was Joe Fargis or not, that was going to try to do embryo transplants of Abdullah X Touch of class. There was quite a bit of potentail with that combo! I remember watching him at several places competing. American gold Cup was one of them. He was even more impressive in person, better than on TV. :lol:

Katherine

ALACOWMAN":g1ddcbir said:
dont want no halter horse ...the only impressive blood ive had, was in a colt on a Otoe grandaughter pair i bought.. then i traded the colt and some boot for a Doc bar bred,, gelding..

I bet that Doc Bar gelding was a good solid working horse. The older lines, and original "style" Quarter Horses had good sense. Some still do, but not all.

Poco Bueno wasn't too bad either.

Those halter types, their feet are waaayy to small to support all that mass. But they are pretty to look at.

Katherine

Workinonit Farm":3by4r488 said:
ALACOWMAN":3by4r488 said:
dont want no halter horse ...the only impressive blood ive had, was in a colt on a Otoe grandaughter pair i bought.. then i traded the colt and some boot for a Doc bar bred,, gelding..

I bet that Doc Bar gelding was a good solid working horse. The older lines, and original "style" Quarter Horses had good sense. Some still do, but not all.

Poco Bueno wasn't too bad either.

Those halter types, their feet are waaayy to small to support all that mass. But they are pretty to look at. Katherine
and jerk cattle...

Ala, a friend of mine shows halter horses..when they are old enough to be ridden, her husband breaks them out and ropes off of them..he says nothing takes a jerk like they do..:)

Touch of class was a hell of a mare..Makes me think back on all those awesome horses back when I was younger..Gem Twist, Eros...and of course, my favorite, South Pacific.

old man, dead now trained a Tennessee walker for a calf horse here back in the 50's when QH were hard to come by... he led him in the arena at rodeos roped got off, and led him out.. so's not to bust into a rack :cowboy:

Poco Buenos are my choice any time I can get my hands on them...
That being said, one of the best ranch horses I've ever owned was a standardbred crossed with a racing paint quarter horse. She was close to seventeen hands, fast, QUICK, and had a ton of cow. She was also dog gentle and super sound and didn't know the meaning of the word "tired". If you had to go rope something big in nasty country there was nothing better to be on.

Right now, I have 4 horses around the yard. 15 year old QH/Paint, he's a real good cow horse, nothing he likes better than to go out and cut a cow out of the bunch and bring her in. 9 year old Hanoverian/QH mare, she's also an awesome cow horse. Then I have a 8 year old QH mare that my daughter rides. She's just a horse, not real cowy, but safe for a kid. And finally a 3 year old QH that I believe is Hancock bred, she's pretty laid back and real nice to ride, but I'm not too sure how cowy she is yet.

Chance, 15 year old gelding
DSC096251.jpg

Cearra, 9 year old Han/QH mare
DSC09517.jpg

Julie, 8 year old QH mare
DSC09527.jpg

Zoey, 3 year old QH mare
DSC09526.jpg

Nice horses Randi.

If you had gone to the back of the sandwich shop you would have met our butcher and been able to take a look at our current beef hanging there. :D ;-)

Well, I got her home today. Seems to be pretty sensible, I think tomorrow, I will take her for a little ride and see how she handles. Rode all the other horses today, except for the Dun, DD rode her.