My new gerts and calves.

Help Support CattleToday:

midtncattle

Reaction score
Just picked up a small group of gerts and herford gert calves. Thought I would share a few pictures.

011-4.jpg

iphone4-11010.jpg

iphone4-11004-1.jpg

013.jpg

This is a video just click on the picture.

Gordo 142 on top. Some have hatchet, mc hammer, and one has Clarendon 740 in bottom background!

We rarely see Gerts or Brahms or crosses in this part of the country. There has been a guy posting on Craigslist often in this area looking for purebred Brahms -- I can't imagine "what for?" unless he's looking for rodeo stock. Those cattle wouldn't much like our winters.

That was my intent. The calves are from BT Domino 956 except for one that came from a Debter horned hereford. I planned to try and raise some hereford x gert replacement females. Our local sale barn owner has encouraged me to go with a char. He really likes that cross due to high weaning weights. Gotta decide in next week or so.

midtncattle":26fcg924 said:
That was my intent. The calves are from BT Domino 956 except for one that came from a Debter horned hereford. I planned to try and raise some hereford x gert replacement females. Our local sale barn owner has encouraged me to go with a char. He really likes that cross due to high weaning weights. Gotta decide in next week or so.
For replacements I would go Hereford, down the road the Char would be a great terminal cross. :2cents:

That is what I was thinking. If the market stays high it is hard to hold heifers so I will prob just cross these gerts with a char for sale barn then later go Hereford. He gert char cross has a big weaning weight and those buckskin calves do well at our local barn.

Latest posts