My new gate gets a makeover.

Help Support CattleToday:

ga. prime

Reaction score
P1000581.jpg

P1000580.jpg

P1000585.jpg

P1000587.jpg

We have the same gate like that out in the pasture, and it's pretty light, enough for me to make me think it's made of aluminum (just a guess).

At least it ain't that close to the trees like the pics show! ;-)

Hippierancher, no, not titanium, rather the lightest steel possible. If you'll notice, a big fat tree limb, or three, kept that tree from going to the ground.

Beefy, firewood? Yeah I'm guessing $200 worth there. Maybe I'll get a pic posted after I get it split up. It'll be a couple months down the road when temps drop 20-30 degrees before I tackle that job.

IluvABbeef, The gate was very light steel, the cheapest you can get. I was thinking this was a low stress area. Actually I'm really, really glad I hadn't put a heavy steel Bull Gate there.

glover, I've got 3 more(that are economically accessible) within 200 yds of that tree that I'll be splitting for firewood this fall/winter. Several hundred dollars worth.

john250, high wind fronting a fierce thunderstorm.

At least it was salvageable. What kinda doohickey you got on the front of that skidloader?

cfpinz

cfpinz":unkfvvdq said:
At least it was salvageable. What kinda doohickey you got on the front of that skidloader?

cfpinz

I was wondering that too. Also, what kind of tree was it that fell, an oak?

Thanks for answering a question I've been wondering about lately. That is - If a tree falls in the woods, whose fence did it take down today?
Evidently the answer that day was Ga. Prime.

The one that fell Friday luckily didn't take out a stretch of fence, just fell across the road into a field, so I'm counting my blessings.

Cuz

lol our whole back woods is like that dont have time to uct trees down just barely keeping up with ones that have fell. we cut and split it and sell it for around 240 a cord some people getting 300 a cord

Latest posts