My new bull, give me your thoughts

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score

The pictures were taken last week, a few days over a year old. Registered Brangus and will be covering commercial Sim-angus cows. He has been on feed and will be delivered next week after all yearling data is gathered.
I hope I didn't do too bad.

He's a Hoss, especially to just be a yearlIng. I would think that cross would make for some nice calves.

I like him. A lot. I know some folks are going to bash him for his sheath, but it's hard to get around that and keep the Brahman influence, which he certainly shows (and that's a good thing). Other than being a little more likely to get hurt I wouldn't worry about it.

Are you going to keep feeding him since he's still pretty young?

Yep, the rest of him looks to good to knock the sheath...hard to get one that looks like him in a complete package....nice.. Who was the breeder if you don't mind me asking?? Can't read the paper..

Rafter S- I plan to keep him on the 13% grower @ 10% of his weight until late December, early January. Then he'll go in with 12-14 cows for 60 days. He'll go back on the same setup until mid summer.

ALACOWMAN- The breeder is Addison Brangus Farms, in Winfield, Alabama. Wayne is a friend of mine and a super fellow. He currently has 3-4 more bulls for sale private treaty, along with a group at Salacoa Valley to be at the sale this fall and another group that will sell in The Oaks sale this fall.

I plan to buy a purebred Simmental at the fall Gibbs farm sale this year to start the 2nd leg of a 3-way cross program. I'll be adding a purebred Angus in a few more years.

Thank you all for the compliments, I'm pretty excited about him.

ALACOWMAN- The breeder is Addison Brangus Farms, in Winfield, Alabama. Wayne is a friend of mine and a super fellow. He currently has 3-4 more bulls for sale private treaty, along with a group at Salacoa Valley to be at the sale this fall and another group that will sell in The Oaks sale this fall.

I plan to buy a purebred Simmental at the fall Gibbs farm sale this year to start the 2nd leg of a 3-way cross program. I'll be adding a purebred Angus in a few more years.

it's good to know who's breeding good Brangus in Bama for future reference,,right now I'm working the other direction, Brahman cross cows, using angus Bulls....

I have been wanting to add brangus blood into my simangus herd for a couple of years. I couldn't figure a way to crossbreed and maintain uniformity in retained heifers. I came upon J. Davis Cattle from SC and they had a clear 3-way cross breeding plan on their site, coincidentally using the 3 breeds I am interested in. Should produce some heat tolerant sim-angus cows.

SimAngus farmer":2mdcz4ab said:
I have been wanting to add brangus blood into my simangus herd for a couple of years. I couldn't figure a way to crossbreed and maintain uniformity in retained heifers. I came upon J. Davis Cattle from SC and they had a clear 3-way cross breeding plan on their site, coincidentally using the 3 breeds I am interested in. Should produce some heat tolerant sim-angus cows.
ihave a simular package from a few black simbrah cows angus bull...

Latest posts