My luck

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
Most of ya'll will remember the bull that I had taken to get collected only to find out he had hurt himself the night before and broke his penis. This is the same bull that jumped a barbed wire fence two years prior and cut his penis real bad. Vet said cull him but I gave him a chance and went on to be a great breeder. Well........after hurting his penis the second time the vet said he will never breed again. I had shot him up with antibiotics so I had to wait 30 days to sell him. He ran with the herd for those 30 days. Guess what......a little heifer calf was born today. No other bulls on the place 9 months ago. He was here until the end of January. Evidently he could still breed. Kicking myself for not double verifying...again. Like the time before. I really liked that bull a lot.

Even the blind hog finds the acorn once in a while... maybe he was able to breed on occasion, but not reliably. Our last SH bull bred a couple cows and then quit breeding... It wasn't all bad though, We got the Gelbvieh bull as an emergency replacement and he was great.