My little champion

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

This is my late partner's heifer, which was judged Grand Champion at the National Shorthorn heifer show on the weekend.

d50crop.JPG

d050heifershow.JPG

Thanks everyone- I'm still buzzing from it all! Now I need to decide what I'm going to join her too....

aussie_cowgirl":1zkkyyds said:
Is she the one that was at SA as well?

Yep that's her :D but it was our other white one which was Junior Champ there.

Killala":2i707n01 said:
Thanks everyone- I'm still buzzing from it all! Now I need to decide what I'm going to join her too....

aussie_cowgirl":2i707n01 said:

Yeah but this one was stunning at SA too. The more I look the more I find some really good sires. Not an easy task to pick.

aussie_cowgirl":3jpco1dw said:
Killala":3jpco1dw said:

aussie_cowgirl":3jpco1dw said:

Yeah but this one was stunning at SA too. The more I look the more I find some really good sires. Not an easy task to pick.

I know- I've always preferred her to the other one, she's more balanced and complete IMO.
I have a few ideas who to use but just not sure yet. I'd love to be able to show her with a calf at foot.

Australian":3oivkq19 said:
What a beautiful heifer. No matter what breed each of us fancy, anyone would have to say she's a winner.

Thanks Colin. I've always (quietly) thought so but didn't want to get my hopes up. Everyone keep praising her the days before judging but you never know which way it will go in the judging ring. I'm just pleased she finally got what I think she deserved!

Killala":24u0av99 said:
I know- I've always preferred her to the other one, she's more balanced and complete IMO.
I have a few ideas who to use but just not sure yet. I'd love to be able to show her with a calf at foot.

Yes. I found her very balanced as well. Best of luck.

Oh they just created a class at Perth for Shorthorns so hopefully we'll be seeing some more there. One of the Ag colleges has started breeding them so they requested the class. I think they bought a few from Neearra.

I saw a few Shorthorn at Perth when I was there a few years ago for National Paraders - think it was 06? - anyway it was only a few and from a small breeder.
It's a shame you don't see more there, there's a few good herds in WA. We bought a complete herd from WA when I was still at my old job in SA - they were a good line of cows and have since bred on really well.

Killala":a6hvbdzx said:
I saw a few Shorthorn at Perth when I was there a few years ago for National Paraders - think it was 06? - anyway it was only a few and from a small breeder.
It's a shame you don't see more there, there's a few good herds in WA. We bought a complete herd from WA when I was still at my old job in SA - they were a good line of cows and have since bred on really well.

I'm going to try and get down to the state sale for a look I think it's in Feb. I see the average for females there is like $1300 and as you say there is some good stock. I finished showing for the school in 05 so I'm not sure either. 06 sounds right though because I remember people were thinking "great, if we win 05 paraders we get to compete in Perth again." :lol2:

Australian":3n8rkena said:
What a beautiful heifer. No matter what breed each of us fancy, anyone would have to say she's a winner.

Once again you say the exact thing I was to say!

congratulations on your win :clap: , she's a real nice heifer, what age is she?

Very nice girl, wish I had a few of them..The roan are my favs, but the red and whites are beautiful...

Latest posts