My last load of hay.

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit

Reaction score

In my spare time today I managed to get a load of hay. My buddy in south Georgia bailed me out. Thanks again Jogeephus.

I'm not looking forward to hay hauling this year. I might look into paying a 18 wheeler to haul it for me .

Are those 4 foot wide bales? Does the trailer have mobile home axles? Looks to be a good load, al least you strap them down. I got a call from the highway department to go get a ball off the road the someone lost close by here, wish they would have lost more as the cows loved that hay.

Yes mobile home axles and brakes on the rear axle only. But I have G range low boy tires on the trailer. I built the trailer 20 years ago and it's pretty much bullet proof. The bales are 5x4's barn stored, seems to be good hay. If you don't strap it down you'll loose something before it's over.

highgrit":368fy7pa said:
Yes mobile home axles and brakes on the rear axle only. But I have G range low boy tires on the trailer. I built the trailer 20 years ago and it's pretty much bullet proof. The bales are 5x4's barn stored, seems to be good hay. If you don't strap it down you'll loose something before it's over.
Did Joe offer you any of that high falutin' meat he's always showing off over on the "What are you eating today" thread and anything good to wash it down with?? ;-) ;-) ;-)

Proves "it is not what you know but who you know" to be a true statement. Hay is scarce around here.
I have never been brave enough to double stack the top row.
Also nice to see 4x5's that are really 60" tall and tight.

tom4018":9aozp209 said:
Are those 4 foot wide bales? Does the trailer have mobile home axles? Looks to be a good load, al least you strap them down. I got a call from the highway department to go get a ball off the road the someone lost close by here, wish they would have lost more as the cows loved that hay.
Lost 2 rolls not long didn't no where left with 11 got home with 9. Week later went to pick up another load and they were sitting together out in front of a farmhouse. I stopped because it was obvious he was displaying them for whoever lost them. He said he had been worried about getting them back to who had lost them. I ask him what I owed him for getting them of the road, not a dime he says glad to do it. I took one home and gave him the other. Still a few truly honest people left, I met one, and made a friend that day.

I've literally hauled well over 2000 rolls 40 miles one way and never tie them down . I've never lost a roll . I haul 18 rolls at a time . 12 on bottom 6 on top with one on the neck .

JSCATTLE":32gucbvh said:
I've literally hauled well over 2000 rolls 40 miles one way and never tie them down . I've never lost a roll . I haul 18 rolls at a time . 12 on bottom 6 on top with one on the neck .

My luck isn't as good as yours, JSCATTLE. I'm sure I could haul 11 on that trailer and not lose any either. But if a kid ran into the road and I had to stop I could. And my load would still be on the trailer and not on the road or the kid. Sometimes sorry doesn't cut it, and if I can prevent a problem by spending an extra 10-15 minutes I will.
TB, I have some moldy dried sticks of meat with fancy names that only my Dad and I eat. He has lots of meat hanging from the roof covered in mold and some of it still has the hooves attached. I'll tell you this much, the meat taste way better than it looks. I went on a wine, mead and shine tasting tour at Jogeephus's one morning. I was hurt because I don't drink, but a sip of this and a sip of that hurt me. Then I took my wife to Jogeephus's once and all she wanted to do is sleep on the way home.