My how christmas gifts have evolved

Help Support CattleToday:

Ozark cowman":bo41whad said:
That brings back memory's! I use to get to spend all Christmas Eve night putting together toys, then the ones we gave them in the box's was my project for Christmas Day, I think I only ever gave up one time :D.

:lol2: I put together everything on Christmas day no give ups yet

Toys are complicated to put together. Was watching family members putting together toys for their kids sure looked complicated. I was helping get them out of the package you got to have a sharp knife to get them out of all the wraps and plastic.

hurleyjd":20e0qagf said:
lavacarancher":20e0qagf said:
dun":20e0qagf said:
What ever happened to socks and underwear for chrismas? Maybe one store bought or usually something second hand for a special present?

What about an apple or orange? These gifts goes right along with my Dad having to walk 10 miles to school, barefooted, in the snow, uphill both ways. I've heard about the apple or orange from several Aunts and Uncles so I guess that part of the story is true.

My family is getting gift cards this year. I don't know how much more impersonal I can make it.

We give each one a 100 dollar bill they seem to like that. Sure makes life simple.

That works for me. One should never feel embarrassed to give me cash as a gift. :D

Yep, things evolved. When my sisters had big doll houses, they had stairs, not elevators.
Even the dolls have gotten lazy. I bet the only Army men they have today are in the sitting position so they can always ride in a truck.
little_green_army_men.jpg

around here the great neices and nephews got 1 nice present each.last year was their big christmas they got 2 john deere powerwheels battery ride on toys.the tractor and the gator.heres something for the dads on CT never wake your kids up testing their chistmas gifts.my dad and uncle did that 1 year and woke me up.needless to say my dad suffered for it.because we all got up at 1am and wouldnt let him go to bed.we played till it was time to milk.then milked and came home and played till lunch.

Got my little grandson a tractor and trailer ride on toy with battery operated scoop he loves it, couldn't get him off of it Christmas morning.

Latest posts