My Horse Pic

Help Support CattleToday:

ArrowHBrand

Reaction score
Lacey1.JPG

Here is a pic of my 3 yr. old mare that I started last year. I bought a new saddle last week at the county fair and can't wait to put some hours in it. She knows all of her basic cues and is quickly picking up on neck reining, side passing, and rating cattle. She's rope broke so I want to start roping calves on her next year. I started her and am riding her in a half breed side pull and she is doing really well with it. What does everyone think? Questions and comments are always appreciated.

Thanks for the compliment! She is getting better when it comes to smoothness. Her trot I have been trying to speed up just a little and her canter I've been trying to make her slow down. She's really becoming collected when I ride and I think that is helping too. Her gaits aren't "pleasure" gaits because I'm going to use her to work our cattle and maybe try to talk my wife into gaming her. So far she's a keeper.

Canadian_Cowgirl":2awvoa0b said:
Shes Beautiful!!! My horse and your horse would make a good pair!! :lol:

Katy

Yeah, a good pair of pants. :lol: Ok, ok just kidding. Nice little horse there guy but too many white feet for me.

flaboy?":1pdb5ety said:
Canadian_Cowgirl":1pdb5ety said:

Katy

Yeah, a good pair of pants. :lol: Ok, ok just kidding. Nice little horse there guy but too many white feet for me.

Why pants?? Im sure you could get a few thongs outta em!!! ;-) ;-)

Katy

Canadian_Cowgirl":2vqlxrya said:
flaboy?":2vqlxrya said:
Canadian_Cowgirl":2vqlxrya said:

Katy

Katy

Katy, Katy, Katy. How many times do I have to tell ya?
:lol:

MikeC":rndp3l95 said:
Canadian_Cowgirl":rndp3l95 said:
flaboy?":rndp3l95 said:
Canadian_Cowgirl":rndp3l95 said:

Katy

Katy

Katy, Katy, Katy. How many times do I have to tell ya?
:lol:

Tell me what? :) :)

Katy

Her feet are dirty in the pic, she actually only has one true white foot the other three are black and white vertically stripped. She has Three Bars and Two Eyed Jack breeding on the bottom and Imajingle, Randados Beauty, and Impressive on top. We matched the mare and stallion three times and she is the only tobiano we got. The other two geldings are SPB, but will be just as nice. They are a deep chestnut and one has two black and two white stockings and the weanling has all four white stockings. Thanks for the feed back!

She got second in her halter class last weekend! However, on Saturday I was going to ride her so she could get some exercise and she bucked me off. I landed on my feet, but got the horn in one knee and jammed up the other, but no harm. She's still my baby! We got a lot of nice comments about her, one of the judges told my wife in the show ring that she loved my mare and the other judge told her she was very nice looking. That's a real confidence booster for our horse program, we've been trying to improve our stock for many years and it seems that our program is on the right course.

She hasn't but both parents are HYPP NN so I'm not too worried. We only buy animals that are HYPP NN because as breeders it's our responisibility to eliminate or at best control these genetic diseases.

Latest posts