My hat's off to you .....

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":237a6bo3 said:
.... people who live in the northern climates cause I don't know how you manage it. We've been hit with an arctic blast with temps in the 20's at night and high 30's during the day along with high winds. Nothing wants to crank. No way to get warm. Hands are chapped, cracked and bleeding. Can't find nothing cause I got too many pockets. Can't find something else that I won't mention on the board but you guys know what I'm talking about. Its miserable weather. Give me the heat and thank goodness for global warming cause without it I'd surely be frozen to death.

Anyone got any tips for equipment?
yeah with the longhandles, bluejeans, carharts,,,, it looks like the start of the tv show ''GET SMART'' where he's walking through all those doors to get out :lol:

We've had corn in the field when it was so cold if you shut the truck off you would never get it started back. We've had trucks that never got shut off for three or four days at a time. I remember we shelled corn all night and a neighbor called dad and said he couldn't sleep where those trucks were sitting on the end of the field running, we moved the trucks to the other end, I'll bet he still couldn't sleep.

Larry

Ether, plugs, propane torches and putting Heet in the tanks.

Chapped hands use Vaseline. I use Goat's Milk Lotion.

It was 6 this morning when I fed. Not the kind of morning where you lean on the fence and watch the calves eating. Average high this time of year is 40. A little cooler than normal.

jkwilson":2fgs7ox9 said:
It was 6 this morning when I fed. Not the kind of morning where you lean on the fence and watch the calves eating. Average high this time of year is 40. A little cooler than normal.
Amazing....too cold for work but perfect weather for hunting.

Not as cold as Canada and some parts but it is -10C here at the moment and it is supposed to snow tomorrow. I hate the cold weather, bring back the sunshine anytime.

Jogee, for the chaped hands I use E45 cream. works a treat. and while out I always wear leather gloves.

25 last nite and windy so no frost...25 or colder tonite and no wind..what little green is sure to be gone tonite. its gonna be a hard frost....altho it sweetens the oranges if its too cold for too long itll make my life he77,,,wife and i are both in the citrus industry also...if it freezes too bad well be werking 24 -7 to harvest before its mush

but itll help the feed biz takeoff hen the grass is gone.....the good the bad and the ugly of it all

ill take the heat..i dont hafta cut firewood to cool off!

It is when I am out too far from the house, have drank FAR too much water, am peeling off multiple layers of clothing and hear on the truck radio "Exposed flesh will freeze in less than 1 minute" that I get a little nervous.

I don't like the cold but it means no snakes and less bugs so it is a trade off.

Jogeephus":1ml2ah9g said:
Give me back my bugs!

It's on the way.......thought I was going to have to turn the AC on yesterday afternoon. Got up to 63. It's 55 now with the winds already at 11MPH.....Going to be a hot windy day

42 now and supposed to be in the 70's.winds 20mph from the south. Then changing to the north tonight cold tomorrow and a chance of rain or snow fri,
How do you get used to weather like that?
This time of year in my part of texas you keep your insulated carharts in your truk no mater if it says 80 for the day.Before you finish the day it could be in the 20's or lower.When the wind shifts to the north just get ready.QUICKLY!!

Cal

Chrissy -10c here is considered a heat wave. :lol2: If it runs on gas we don't plug anything in until it gets down to -20c. Diesel is another story. Having cattle, which we do, is what makes winter a b@%#h here. Tractors 'have' to start and water ' has ' to flow. At -30 c and colder with the wind on top of that, it's definitely not a winter wonderland.

Highs in the seventies here today. Highs tomorrow in the forties??? What the heck?

We've had this roller coaster weather here for several weeks now. It's humid as all get out today, as well. South winds. The sidewalks are sweating.

This kinda weather makes people sick.

Lammie":2ms3hfp4 said:
Highs in the seventies here today. Highs tomorrow in the forties??? What the heck?

We've had this roller coaster weather here for several weeks now. It's humid as all get out today, as well. South winds. The sidewalks are sweating.

This kinda weather makes people sick.

I'm sick of yer complaining. If it was in the 40's I'd be going to the beach. :heart: :lol: