My Garden

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning

Reaction score
We are having a particularily mild spring, so working up the gardens is done and I have the peas, a little row of spinach and radishes in. Bet you folks in the southern part of the country just laugh at that, your probably already reaping the rewards of your gardens. We are not "frost free" here until early June. Last year I scrambled to get the gardens worked and planted by the first week of June.

All of that stuff is just about played out here. Picking broccoli is a day to day proccess to keep it from bolting. I had a freak late frost that killed off my beans and corn about a week ago. Both crops were up about three inches. The tomatoes and peppers were spared because they were up close enough to the raised beds that the radient heat saved them.

When do the frosts start back there in the fall in Mn? I guess growing okra there is out of the question.

MistyMorning":1nglikxh said:
We are having a particularily mild spring, so working up the gardens is done and I have the peas, a little row of spinach and radishes in. Bet you folks in the southern part of the country just laugh at that, your probably already reaping the rewards of your gardens. We are not "frost free" here until early June. Last year I scrambled to get the gardens worked and planted by the first week of June.
Misty Morning We got our garden all in today. We had frost on the roofs this morning hope it is the last one it was 41 degrees F on the ground. This is early for our area. Have the cool veg. up.

It shouldn't, but it still amazes how far along some of you folks gardens are. GA, we can have frost every month of the year. Not common, but it can and does happen. Traditionally we look at around the 15th of September for the first hard frost.

MistyMorning":1ot97a1s said:
GA, we can have frost every month of the year. Not common, but it can and does happen. Traditionally we look at around the 15th of September for the first hard frost.
Right ~ so if MM invites you to her place the 3rd weekend of September for a "Harvest Festival", do NOT make the mistake of picturing bonfires and hayrides. Been there, done that. :roll:

angie":35tlicfd said:
MistyMorning":35tlicfd said:
GA, we can have frost every month of the year. Not common, but it can and does happen. Traditionally we look at around the 15th of September for the first hard frost.
Right ~ so if MM invites you to her place the 3rd weekend of September for a "Harvest Festival", do NOT make the mistake of picturing bonfires and hayrides. Been there, done that. :roll:

Hey angel, what ya doing the third weekend in May? I'm thinking about having a throw down of sorts, fishing, pony rides, bonfires, beer and if we get some extra time we can finish planting the garden! :nod:

The bait:
fishing, pony rides, bonfires, beer
The trap:
and if we get some extra time we can finish planting the garden!

Don't say I didn't warn you people.
Bring gloves, I'll see ya there. :nod:

Latest posts