My Floor (College Dorm)

Help Support CattleToday:

FarmGirl10

Reaction score
Its crazy how many different types of people are on my floor. We have football players, Ag girls, two girls from China, and a girl from South Africa. Yep, I'm on a cool floor.

FarmGirl10":3w07ynn8 said:
Its crazy how many different types of people are on my floor. We have football players, Ag girls, two girls from China, and a girl from South Africa. Yep, I'm on a cool floor.

My how things have changed. Wasn't coed when I was in college and the only women on campus were married and pregnant. They still got lots of wolf whistles. :lol2:

I learned a lot more from the different people in the dorm my first semester than I did in class. It was very educational. :nod:
At one time I had thought I might write a book about it. But now so much has faded out of the memory banks...

We had a high school reunion a couple of week ago. Friend of mine in both HS and college brought his daughter. She stuck some sort of recording thing in my face and wanted me to tell some stories about her father.
I told her about how good a hypnotist her father was and some of the stunts that came out of that. He is one of the best hypnotist I have ever seen. His daughter didn't even know he had ever done hypnotism.

TexasBred":bwwvi8s8 said:
FarmGirl10":bwwvi8s8 said:

My how things have changed. Wasn't coed when I was in college and the only women on campus were married and pregnant. They still got lots of wolf whistles. :lol2:

TB, you're assuming the football players are male. This is K-state and I'm not sure that is a safe assumption. :???:

John - yes they are guys and I have a lot of guys on my floor.

Ryder - I have to agree. I talked to a guy from Virginia for about an hour. Oddly enough he didn't have an accent. :???: And I met a girl from S. Africa, she was really cool.

kenny thomas":cbl9belm said:
We don't have an accent in VA, it's all you other people. :D Have fun.
:lol: Every other person from Virginia I had met before had an accent. But of course they had been living in KY for a while, so maybe thats why they had one. A few years back when GA had the big drought, some guys came up to get hay and in comparison to the KY guys they didn't really have one either. :???:

FarmGirl10":3bvm8j6m said:
John - yes they are guys and I have a lot of guys on my floor.

Ryder - I have to agree. I talked to a guy from Virginia for about an hour. Oddly enough he didn't have an accent. :???: And I met a girl from S. Africa, she was really cool.

What part of VA was the guy from?

My roommate is from Kazakhstan... haven't had a chance to meet the other folks on my floor. College dorm living is definitely interesting.

milkmaid":37orz9ss said:
My roommate is from Kazakhstan... haven't had a chance to meet the other folks on my floor. College dorm living is definitely interesting.
That is cool. I haven't met a whole lot of the people from my floor either. It turns out there are atleast two girls from Johannesburg in my building. My Econ prof. is from some small West African country, he's quite interesting. :lol: He might actually make that class bearable.

It turns out there are atleast two girls from Johannesburg in my building.

I wonder whether they are really from Johannesburg or whether it was just easier to say Johannesburg than to try and explain exactly where they are from. During my stay in the UK, it was easier to say I'm from Cape Town than to try and explain where Bonnievale is.

KNERSIE":235yenfb said:
It turns out there are atleast two girls from Johannesburg in my building.

I wonder whether they are really from Johannesburg or whether it was just easier to say Johannesburg than to try and explain exactly where they are from. During my stay in the UK, it was easier to say I'm from Cape Town than to try and explain where Bonnievale is.
The girl I talked to said she lived in the city (and apparently didn't like the city to well). The girl thats on my floor I would have no idea if she actually is because I haven't even seen her.

FarmGirl10":15qqqiti said:
kenny thomas":15qqqiti said:
:lol: Every other person from Virginia I had met before had an accent. But of course they had been living in KY for a while, so maybe thats why they had one. A few years back when GA had the big drought, some guys came up to get hay and in comparison to the KY guys they didn't really have one either. :???:
We speak an entirely different language here in Ky than the rest of y'all. It's called Kaintuckian. :nod:

spoon":qv7z45up said:
FarmGirl10":qv7z45up said:
kenny thomas":qv7z45up said:
We speak an entirely different language here in Ky than the rest of y'all. It's called Kaintuckian. :nod:
:nod: I spent a lot of time down in the Lexington/Versailles/Georgetown areas. I'll just say...Kaintuckian is easily caught. :lol:

Limomike":ol9d7xov said:
Sounds like diversity is alive and well.... :D

Well, if diversity was not alive and well I for one would not be celebrating 15 years today of a wonderful marriage to my husband ;and for sure would not have met all of you great people here on CT, as I never ever would have found my way into the cattle biz. I would probably be a stuck up city slicker who thinks that high heals are actually comfortable.. :lol2:

hillsdown":1z6ylelh said:
Limomike":1z6ylelh said:
Sounds like diversity is alive and well.... :D

Well, if diversity was not alive and well I for one would not be celebrating 15 years today of a wonderful marriage to my husband ;and for sure would not have met all of you great people here on CT, as I never ever would have found my way into the cattle biz. I would probably be a stuck up city slicker who thinks that high heals are actually comfortable.. :lol2:
:lol: The higher the heel the more comfortable they are!

Latest posts