My Floor (College Dorm)

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown":cg4vv08a said:
Limomike":cg4vv08a said:
Sounds like diversity is alive and well.... :D

Well, if diversity was not alive and well I for one would not be celebrating 15 years today of a wonderful marriage to my husband ;and for sure would not have met all of you great people here on CT, as I never ever would have found my way into the cattle biz. I would probably be a stuck up city slicker who thinks that high heals are actually comfortable.. :lol2:
So now you are a stuck up cow person with $hit on your boots ??? :lol:

Angus Cowman":2zyoxq4m said:
hillsdown":2zyoxq4m said:
Limomike":2zyoxq4m said:
Sounds like diversity is alive and well.... :D

Well, if diversity was not alive and well I for one would not be celebrating 15 years today of a wonderful marriage to my husband ;and for sure would not have met all of you great people here on CT, as I never ever would have found my way into the cattle biz. I would probably be a stuck up city slicker who thinks that high heals are actually comfortable.. :lol2:

Yep AC, good thing for boots cause with the heals she would have it on her ankles :lol2:

hillsdown":1wy9jv8h said:
When I think of Virginia I think of Ward Burton,,,and boy does that feller have some accent.. :lol2:

I love to hear his accent. Have you noticed his brother Jeff has apparently been to speech classes as he use to have the same accent but lost it.

We don't have accents in Texas. We just speak very s l o w ly so in an attempt to speed it up we abrev. everything. :lol2: :lol2:

Please excuse me because I went to LSU

But the first thing I thought of when reading this thread is how many people I had actually on my floor - as in laid out on the floor from the night before. Still diverse though; college drinking knows no descrimination.

cypressfarms":2zps6bh6 said:
Please excuse me because I went to LSU

But the first thing I thought of when reading this thread is how many people I had actually on my floor - as in laid out on the floor from the night before. Still diverse though; college drinking knows no descrimination.
:oops: I'm afraid that if i drank too much I wouldn't even be able to get into my bed. I didn't want a lofted bed, but they did it anyway.

jedstivers":2b6dh7a4 said:
Angus Cowman":2b6dh7a4 said:

Yep AC, good thing for boots cause with the heals she would have it on her ankles :lol2:

OK you two smarty pants, I don't wear boots for working unless they are snow boots or rubber boots .. :p

TB there is a whole story out there as to why Ward and Jeff speak differently. Jeff says it is because they grew up on different sides of the house. But apparently Ward was not a very well behaved young man and was sent to some spiritual outdoor camp thing where he had to live off the land by himself for a couple of weeks . I guess all that talking to the wild life effected his speech. :lol2:

I love Ward, he was a great driver, it looks like he has packed it in for his wildlife preservation park and society. He was hubbies favorite driver and when he talked you had to be very quiet and turn the TV right up ,that is the only way you would have a chance in h#ll of understanding him. :help:

HD...but if you could go back to an interview 3-4 years old you'd see Jeff sounding much like Ward. I watched Ward on a TV show once about his upbringing, and I think he has some sort of spiritual children's camp as well...a great outdoorsman and apparently a "great citizen" as well. Wish he could get a ride.

NASCAR has a lot more money than me, so they can tell me to forget it.
A successful NASCAR driver brings a sponsor with him. The deal is he gets the sponsors name on TV.
It has been observed here on CT, more than once, that the slower and more southern you talk the dumber you are perceived by yankees. Because of that, there is a lot of pressure on NASCAR racers to sound like "everyone else". I hate it, but that is the way it is. Jeff Burton could have been raised in Los Angeles for all you can tell from his voice. I'll bet thousands of $ of "speech therapy" are the reason.
Indy Racing has Brazilians, Brits, South Africans, Australians and they all sound about the same.
If you are depending on sponsors and TV for your money, you better sound neutral.

John you're probably about 99.99% correct. Can't imagine a car with Bubba's BBQ and Bait painted across the hood and then having ME or someone else doing a commercial about our Red Wigglers and Baby back ribs. Course that Earnhart guy is about as dumb as a box of rocks and has lot of sponsors....of course his old man won lots of races too...he hasn't done squat.

[/quote]
:nod: I spent a lot of time down in the Lexington/Versailles/Georgetown areas. I'll just say...Kaintuckian is easily caught. :lol:[/quote]

If you had come on down I75 another 65 miles or so you'd a really picked up a new way of talking. :D

:nod: I spent a lot of time down in the Lexington/Versailles/Georgetown areas. I'll just say...Kaintuckian is easily caught. :lol:[/quote]

If you had come on down I75 another 65 miles or so you'd a really picked up a new way of talking. :D[/quote]
:lol: That's quite possible, are down by Cumberland by any chance?

TexasBred":sn49baro said:
John you're probably about 99.99% correct. Can't imagine a car with Bubba's BBQ and Bait painted across the hood and then having ME or someone else doing a commercial about our Red Wigglers and Baby back ribs. Course that Earnhart guy is about as dumb as a box of rocks and has lot of sponsors....of course his old man won lots of races too...he hasn't done squat.

I used to be a Jr. fan but that ended quite a while ago, the guy is on the best team in the series besides Tony's (my main man) and can not win a damm race ..Now you have to be really really crappy not to well with the best of the best that is given to you.

I don't care how you sound but you had better be fab. behind that wheel.. Go Tony !!!!!!!

Sorry to jack your thread cowgirl, it sounds like you have an interesting dorm . Congrats and enjoy all the diversity it will only help you in the future. Good luck with all of your classes and studies.. :wave:

FarmGirl10":27bd97wy said:
:nod: I spent a lot of time down in the Lexington/Versailles/Georgetown areas. I'll just say...Kaintuckian is easily caught. :lol:

If you had come on down I75 another 65 miles or so you'd a really picked up a new way of talking. :D[/quote]
:lol: That's quite possible, are down by Cumberland by any chance?[/quote]

If you mean University of the Cumberlands formerly known as Cumberland College yes. If you mean Cumberland, Ky not so close. It is a couple hours east of me in the mountains.

spoon":e7areryg said:
If you mean University of the Cumberlands formerly known as Cumberland College yes. If you mean Cumberland, Ky not so close. It is a couple hours east of me in the mountains.
I meant the lake, but I probably should have specified that.

hillsdown":br7rdxig said:
jedstivers":br7rdxig said:
Angus Cowman":br7rdxig said:

OK you two smarty pants, I don't wear boots for working unless they are snow boots or rubber boots
and it would be all squishy between her toes
She ain't a real farmer if she don't wear boots must be one of them thar city farmers or do you just go barefoot HD :lol:

Virginia seems to have 3 different accents. One for the mountain folks like me, one for northern VA near Washington DC, and the other for central and southside VA where Ward can Burton is from. Almost everyone there talks like him.
Farmgirl, I can see KY from the front porch and Tenn. from the back deck so I might talk like them.

kenny thomas":3sgqc7am said:
Virginia seems to have 3 different accents. One for the mountain folks like me, one for northern VA near Washington DC, and the other for central and southside VA where Ward can Burton is from. Almost everyone there talks like him.
Farmgirl, I can see KY from the front porch and Tenn. from the back deck so I might talk like them.
:lol: That could get you into trouble. :oops:

FarmGirl10":29ryl27a said:
spoon":29ryl27a said:
I meant the lake, but I probably should have specified that.

Ahhh. Well then yes. I'm about 1/2 hour from Lake Cumberland. I believe Kenny and I are kinda neighbors in a rural sort of way. How far are you from Middlesboro Kenny?

kenny thomas":18c4o135 said:

Bingo! I live right where the mountains meet the flats so I'm right smack dab in the middle of two of them. Half the folks around here have the long drawed out accent while the other half have the real choppy, quick talk to them. If I'm around someone with a real strong accent I'll start talking like them without meaning to. I've picked up enough from both sides that it's hard to tell where I'm from.

Always cracks me up when we're traveling and people ask where we're from, they're the ones that talk funny!

Everybody can't be normal like me.

Latest posts