my first money pit...

Help Support CattleToday:

salt I do plan on keeping everything original It has a straight 6 in it. The other thing that is different to me is that it has a 3 on the floor and came stock that way im shocked it was not a column shift. I do have something that could use the 350 w/ 700r4 my 83 z28 lol

Nesikep":1dfbcq41 said:
If the engine you have still turns over, I'd give it a rebuild, otherwise I'd drop something else in

it should I bought a gallon of pb blaster and put maybe a cup in the spark plug holes

If it doesn't, try finding which cylinder has all it's valves closed, then bash the ceramic out of a spark plug and weld a pipe thread fittiing to it, and hook up a hose to the hydraulics of a tractor... I've unsiezed our Model B deere twice that way and it's worked well for me, it's a good last-ditch effort to get it moved when nothing else will work and you don't have anything to lose.

Nesikep":7x0vj4cn said:
If it doesn't, try finding which cylinder has all it's valves closed, then bash the ceramic out of a spark plug and weld a pipe thread fittiing to it, and hook up a hose to the hydraulics of a tractor... I've unsiezed our Model B deere twice that way and it's worked well for me, it's a good last-ditch effort to get it moved when nothing else will work and you don't have anything to lose.

great idea I like that. :tiphat:

Ok, punch bug doesn't do much for me. My point is, if that is a series 356 Porsche back there you could sell it and make enough to pay for your entire truck project. :2cents:

dcarp":vyrwsxn7 said:
Ok, punch bug doesn't do much for me. My point is, if that is a series 356 Porsche back there you could sell it and make enough to pay for your entire truck project. :2cents:

its a volkswagen bug

skyhightree1":14gjiji2 said:
dcarp":14gjiji2 said:

its a volkswagen bug

In some areas also known as a beetle bop.

Ok, I got it VW, guess I've lived a sheltered life, never heard them called either of those names. In that case all you have there is a good boat anchor. :dunce:

Oh, one word about using hydraulic pressure.. make sure the piston has somewhere to go and isn't at BDC already.. TDC isn't good either... best is if they're around 1/3rd of the way down mark, and if the valves aren't stuck, you can always back them off to close them to build the pressure. If that works and you have a stuck valve, they usually arent' too badly stuck, and tapping on them will get them moving again.. then put the piston at TDC, remove the spring retainers, and turn them with a drill.. of course this might be a flathead, on which you can't do that.

We have an old '29 buick 6 cylinder, looks like a nice engine, Overhead valves must have been deluxe for it's time.

dcarp":2sehn2z0 said:
Ok, I got it VW, guess I've lived a sheltered life, never heard them called either of those names. In that case all you have there is a good boat anchor. :dunce:
There is a travel game where when you see a vw you punch the person beside you and yell punch bug. My kids always wanted to play it with me until I drove by a be junk yard one day and won the game.

Latest posts