my first heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

Yeah they will get grain tell just before they calve the grain has all their minerals in it so when i stop feeding grain i`ll need to start giving minerals (i was going to stop feeding grain about now but there was a mix up at the mill and they sent me a lot more grain then i orderd so they will get it if my math is right tell just before they calve)

They are very close in height but the #9 is wider

They got bred this morning :) then kicked out to greener grass

the grass is waist high

This is the grass they just came from

well the one with the mostly red face got nerve damage and was put down the other one is doing good and is due april 8th

Hunter":2tu7no3w said:
Dang, I am sorry to hear that.
yeah i wasn't to happy about it but i got a job that i see that kind of thing happen on enough to be prepared for it so i knew there was a chance that would happen

found this this morning a little heifer calf! she was due april 8th i didn't weigh her but i did carry her a little and id guese she was about 70-80 lb

Son of Butch":1ltif11r said:
ez14.":1ltif11r said:
found this this morning a little heifer calf! she was due april 8th i didn't weigh her but i did carry her a little and id guese she was about 70-80 lb
Durango heifer calf... right?
http://selectsiresbeef.com/index.php/bu ... d=Hereford
yup! His calving ease seems good (didn't see it happen so I'm not sure how long it took) now it's time to see if the rest of his traits are as good as they say

hillbillyhammer":1ltif11r said:
Great! Is the milking going good?
Well the calf doesn't seem hungry so it must be getting enough milk

callmefence":141jwyf5 said:
True Grit Farms":141jwyf5 said:
Good deal, herds a growing.

X2
Congratulations ez
Thanks! I was going to say that it was growing slowly but then realized it doubled over night :lol:

NonTypicalCPA":fw4zk7xc said:
What kind of nerve damage? And from what?
well best we can figure is she slipped did the splits and pinched a nerve! i went out to do chores one morning and seen her laying on her side in the pasture moaning called the vet out and gave some dexamethasone (for a few days) and worked with her for a while but she wasn't getting better

Latest posts