my first heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

I'd probably spring for the whole exam. With 2 head, your going to want to make sure they are breeders.

I got a soft spot for a young person that wants to get in. I've been following your post a little. You got a good work ethic, and a good attitude. Hope you have you good luck this breeding season. If you don't------don't give up.

Bigfoot":74aipa8y said:
I'd probably spring for the whole exam. With 2 head, your going to want to make sure they are breeders.

I got a soft spot for a young person that wants to get in. I've been following your post a little. You got a good work ethic, and a good attitude. Hope you have you good luck this breeding season. If you don't------don't give up.
Thanks bigfoot and im not going to give up cattle are going to be what i do i`ll need a job tell i get the kind of farm i want but then it will just be the farm

The Vet Clinic said i would have to let them know before they came out that it was going to be pelvic measuring as they only have one tool (For pelvic measuring) for the whole clinic but am i going to have to let them know i want a full RTS (do they need to bring more tools)

ez14":3r5j1odr said:
thanks everyone for the help. what do people think about RCR Stetson T17 Simmental Bull.

He only looks good ahead of his front shoulders...he's not for me, I'd go with uno mas before him.

I wouldn't go the hereford route either.

As for a cough, try to keep them in fresh air. A closed up barn gets damp, and causes a cough. Damp weather could be it too

Supa Dexta":1d1wkqsf said:
ez14":1d1wkqsf said:
thanks everyone for the help. what do people think about RCR Stetson T17 Simmental Bull.

He only looks good ahead of his front shoulders...he's not for me

I wouldn't go the hereford route either.

As for a cough, try to keep them in fresh air. A closed up barn gets damp, and causes a cough.
why not go with hereford

The barn only has 3 sides so theres plenty of fresh air i think it was just some thing from getting shipped

The only way to make money with a hereford these days is to hide em under a black coat, or be a top purebred breeder. For general cow calf guys they don't add anything another breed won't do better. Except add a white face maybe.

Supa Dexta":1jeo0avc said:
The only way to make money with a hereford these days is to hide em under a black coat, or be a top purebred breeder. For general cow calf guys they don't add anything another breed won't do better. Except add a white face maybe.
Well i want to be a purebred breeder some day and was thinking that i could try the different bulls out to find the ones i liked best that would give my a head start on my breeding program

Well the vet said that they should be able to have a 80 calf easily they measured 214.5 and 201.5 at about 12 months she said that they hardly ever do pelvic measuring and most people haven`t even heard of it

Well we put cidrs in today (im getting real excited) they will be bred to durango 44u i know the steers wont get me as much but im hoping for heifer calves. heres some pictures

Supa Dexta":r6i7i2wv said:
Why not use sexed semen if you want heifers? Choosing bull accordingly.
I didn`t go with sexed semen because i want heifers but recouping some of my money from steers doesn`t sound to bad either and the bull i liked best wasn`t available in sexed semen

frieghttrain":xzxd0ejv said:
Really? We wait for their natural seconrd heat then breed um.
well this way we got it set up for a time that works for both me and the breeder if i was doing the AI my self I would probably breed on natural Heats
frieghttrain":xzxd0ejv said:
That 9 is packing on the bacon :)
yeah i think she looks good she is bigger but she had the smaller pelvic

Latest posts