my first heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

yup! His calving ease seems good (didn't see it happen so I'm not sure how long it took) now it's time to see if the rest of his traits are as good as they say

His calves have been doing well his heifer was the only one that we'll keep as a replacement.

Well she had her second calf today! A nice little heifer calf, it was the fastest birth I've ever seen! She's almost an hour old and she has already nursed and is walking around really good, I think she is going to be tough to catch for tagging

Great to see that you got another heifer calf. Sure, a steer would help pay some bills, but another heifer gives you a good start on your herd. Great to see . How is the yearling coming along?

farmerjan":1dslgfbx said:
Great to see that you got another heifer calf. Sure, a steer would help pay some bills, but another heifer gives you a good start on your herd. Great to see . How is the yearling coming along?
She is a little smaller than I'd like but that is my fault, this time I'll make sure this calf gets more protein post weaning

Well the cow and heifer got bred today. Hopefully I can keep the 100% conception rate I have here!

Well my first cow had her third calf today. Exactly 365 days from her last one! A nice little black baldy heifer from a limousine bull.

Latest posts