My fine feathered friend

Help Support CattleToday:

spoon

Reaction score
This little baby bird watched me mow the yard the other day and never moved even when I got within a couple of feet. It was only about 3 foot off the ground. It finally flew away, a few feet at a time, when I got too close taking it's picture. Anyone know what kind of bird it might grow up to be?
P8210868.jpg

Might very well be Dun. We have a bunch of them around.

it looks like it belongs to he sparrow or flycatcher family. I don't think it is a mocking bird as they are quite large unless you have a smaller species down there.

Spoon get yourself a bird book for your area, it will change your life. :)

I have one of all the different species sited in Alberta and reside in Alberta ,it has pics and explains everything about them and the regions they are most likely to adapt well. It is always out as we are always looking things up in it. I love it now that when I see birds I can identify what they are.

The best $25.00 I have ever spent.. :D

In fact everyone should have one of these types of books.. :nod:

P8210868.jpg
Spoons

Mocking bird
mockingbird01.jpg

I don't think they look a like at all..

The tiny round spots on the back should give you a place to search as they are unique.

This is a juvenile Mockingbird, the two look similar but still too different.

mockingbird%20juvenile%20durham%2052305.JPG

I wouldn't be commenting on this question except that I have seen probably 10,000 juvenile mockingbirds in my life and that pic spoon posted is a juvenile mockingbird.

ga. prime":386obcgg said:
I wouldn't be commenting on this question except that I have seen probably 10,000 juvenile mockingbirds in my life and that pic spoon posted is a juvenile mockingbird.
I should have read about the pic I posted a little better, it is a Northern Mockingbird, don't know if thats what he would have in KY. :?

ga. prime":1z8fmuir said:

Heck the mocker is our state bird and I couldn't answer it. I've seen a lot of grown ups but not many young'uns.