My fertilizer cost

Help Support CattleToday:

a cube feeder is used to feed the cows.you can get them from 400 to 1500lbs.an drive along putting feed right in the trough or on the ground.

The reason I asked, I feed them by bags just to keep them friendly so when I move them to another pasture they will follow my truck anywhere I want to go. You do not see many people here feed by bulk so I am not used to seeing any kind of feeder wagons or such. :oops:

i am ot going to seed due to costs. ill fert but only cuz i didnt last yr. ill keep em off it on a small past and feed em til it seeds. cheaper than buyin seed. hay and pellets are cheaper

Actually, we have four horses, none of which even get a blanket in the winter. Fancy barn? I'll post some pics, its falling down, our family does ALL the work on our farm; fences, hay, worm, roofs, block all of it. Not fancy one bit, if it was, my house would not have been built by homes of merit, but thanks for the steroytype!

Central Fl Cracker":wq99cbq1 said:
The reason I asked, I feed them by bags just to keep them friendly so when I move them to another pasture they will follow my truck anywhere I want to go. You do not see many people here feed by bulk so I am not used to seeing any kind of feeder wagons or such. :oops:

Cracker I feed the bags as well. Not big enough to buy bulk feeds as they usually want to deliver10 to 12 thousand pounds and that would last me forever plus I'd have to buy a bulk storage bin and the cube feeder. Would take me years to get to the break even point.

If they bag their own, ask them if you bring back the empty sacks that have been opened fro mthe bottom rather then the top if they'll give you a credit on the bags. I get 2 bits a bag from our local feed monger.

Angus/Brangus":3546v6t9 said:
dun":3546v6t9 said:
If they bag their own, ask them if you bring back the empty sacks that have been opened fro mthe bottom rather then the top if they'll give you a credit on the bags. I get 2 bits a bag from our local feed monger.

That's a reach Dun. Is it a Purina vendor, by chance?

Local mill with their name on the bag. I just open the stuff with the national names from the top.

Latest posts