My favorite cow

Help Support CattleToday:

Rustler9

Reaction score
TxLonghorns064.jpg

Let's see your favorite cow, whatever breed or cross she may be.

This is one ugly "old lady" but she's still my favorite. She's a registered brangus almost 15 years old, had her 13th calf in January and is already bred back. Raises a great calf and gentle as an old hound dog.

Here's a pretty heifer

Thanks, she's a 95 model. She's a big black heifer this year out of our big black and white Tabasco son, we have several of her daughters. Good doing cattle. Yours looks like a young cow, nice udder. What is she?

She's an April 2007 model, had her first calf May 10 and the photo was taken a couple days after. She's a Tarentaise cow.

The udder on the "old lady" Brangus sure has held up!

I just culled two today so now they are all my favorites.
This one is my bell cow though. She leads the herd to come when I call, Is very efficient with grass and feed, and I can worm her with pour on in the middle of the pasture.
with 2/18/09 bull calf
tiger_baby_020rsz.JPG

Oh Yeah, She puts a pretty nice calve on the ground.
Calf @ 3 months
herd_50909_014.jpg

That's a real nice calf out of that bell cow. I always did like a brindle and usually they seem to be good cows, that may be just an old saying but we always thought brindles did well. We used to have some brindle cows that were white faced but went back to the old Jerseys we milked. They sure raised a fat calf.

Baldie,
Not unless someone tells me they want him intact within the next month or so.
I don't need him for a bull, and the freezers getting a little too much empty space.

MO_cows":fkwsmqvn said:
She's an April 2007 model, had her first calf May 10 and the photo was taken a couple days after. She's a Tarentaise cow.

The udder on the "old lady" Brangus sure has held up!

Mo..sure has....she was dry in that pic but has a calf nursing now and it's not much larger but gives lots of milk.

This is my favorite (and only) cow, RRF Topaz T57R, a 2007 purebred Tarentaise cow. Chester, the little bull calf, was born 4/28/09, and he is either by the 2006 Virginia State Champion Tarentaise bull or by the Angus clean-up bull, I'm still not sure which. Either way, little Chester has a promising career as a hormone-free beef steer. Tazzie is a compact little cow and a great working mother, and continues with her career as chief groundsman on my 5 acre spread. :)

MichaelB
let's hope this photo attachment works!
(I guess it didn't -- here is the photo on Ranchers.net -- http://www.ranchers.net/photopost/showp ... puser/3311)

javascript:;

Latest posts