my dilemma

Help Support CattleToday:

TheBullLady":2mkmh9re said:
If they have plenty to eat they are going to be hard to catch.. especially since they didn't stay in lng enough to know that's where they belong. I would see if I could find five or six buddies that would help you herd them back to your place.

I think we're going to try this sometime this week.

Well, I went over again tonight and the 6 that are in the pasture will come running to the feed bucket so I fed them and turned them out where they can hook up with the crazy ones. I'm going to go early morning and late evening to feed until the crazy ones come up with the calm ones. Hope this works!

Should have just left the gate open maybe the calm ones will bring the crazy ones back in tonight .

JSCATTLE":2mfv296u said:
Should have just left the gate open maybe the calm ones will bring the crazy ones back in tonight .

I did and the gate to the corral where the feed trough is. We'll see what happens.

AS said, I turned the calmer feed bucket trained steers in the woods last night with the crazy ones. Went this morning at sun-up with bucket of feed, called like always. Within 2-3 minutes here comes the big ones with the smaller crazy ones right behind them. They all came right into the corral and ate the feed. I sprayed them all for flies and turned them out later and they seemed totally fine with the big ones. Should have done this sooner--thanks for the advice everyone.

Latest posts