My deep though of the day (Dinosaurs)

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
I just read that scientist think that if the astroid that hit land 65 million years ago and caused the extinction of the dinosaurs had hit a matter of seconds later or earlier it would have gone into the ocean thus the impact would have been absorbed by the waters and would not have caused the extinction of the dinosaurs. It makes you realize how fragile live is and how a second in life matters. How different life on earth would be if dinosaurs had lived. :cboy:

ez14.":8gqkxwox said:
Caustic Burno":8gqkxwox said:
Like they know.
They can't tell you what's in tomorrow's weather forecast.
Dang right :nod:

ez14. You are in danger of lowering your position in life to being a "yes" man. Or in this case a "dang right" man. You are young. Realize that after falling into that pattern, it is what you really are! If that is what you aspire to be, carry on.

cowboy43":1ful83jn said:
I just read that scientist think that if the astroid that hit land 65 million years ago and caused the extinction of the dinosaurs had hit a matter of seconds later or earlier it would have gone into the ocean thus the impact would have been absorbed by the waters and would not have caused the extinction of the dinosaurs. It makes you realize how fragile live is and how a second in life matters. How different life on earth would be if dinosaurs had lived. :cboy:
That's like my wife telling me "If you had let me drive, we wouldn't have hit that hog Christmas morning because we would have been 5 miles further down the road before he ran across the road--I drive a lot faster than you do".

'Matter of seconds" in that asteroid case was probably a LOT of seconds and probably earlier, not later, due the the direction of rotation the Earth turns.
The asteroid did impact the ocean, or what is now the gulf of mexico and Caribbean.
Yucatan was under water 65 million years ago.

cretmap.gif

Dinosaurs had it coming and because they did I had bacon and eggs this morning!

callmefence":2d85cdj8 said:
Alan":2d85cdj8 said:
Dinosaurs had it coming and because they did I had bacon and eggs this morning!

Well I had sausage and eggs.

Sorry, just my deep thought...... how much potential bacon, sausage and ham could T-Rex eat in a day? Miss Piggy didn't stand a chance! :shock:

cowboy43":yo455x19 said:

Instead of cowboys and cowgirls: dinoboys and dinogirls.

If dinosaurs had not become extinct for whatever reason they did, would the primates have ascended to the level they did? If primates had not ascended, mankind would not exist.

Bright Raven":23p407au said:
cowboy43":23p407au said:

If dinosaurs had not become extinct for whatever reason they did, would the primates have ascended to the level they did? If primates had not ascended, mankind would not exist.

I fully believe you descend from a monkey for the rest of us without a prehensile tail I believe in divine intervention.

Caustic Burno":1pjcwbra said:
Bright Raven":1pjcwbra said:
cowboy43":1pjcwbra said:

I fully believe you descend from a monkey for the rest of us without a prehensile tail I believe in divine intervention.

The wonder of the mind is that there is no boundaries to what one can believe.

Ever been to that gold mine of a tourist trap in Arizona called Meteor Crater located next door to Petrified Forest National Park in Arizona?

Caustic Burno":2d97l213 said:
Bright Raven":2d97l213 said:
cowboy43":2d97l213 said:

CB, I just wanted to let u know, ur my hero.

Stanford777":3i5oillv said:
Caustic Burno":3i5oillv said:
Bright Raven":3i5oillv said:

CB, I just wanted to let u know, ur my hero.

8) yes. He is quite the hero.

ga.prime":1grtvbbb said:
Ever been to that gold mine of a tourist trap in Arizona called Meteor Crater located next door to Petrified Forest National Park in Arizona?
No--but I have seen it from 20k' up when I flew over it several times.

In a moment of ignorance, I went 25 miles out of my way to see the 2nd largest US meteor crater ..located in Odessa Texas.
The local tourist board hypes it up with signs on the interstate and brochures in all the hotels.
IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE!!

Pretty disappointing.....
Just a shallow hollowed out spot about 100' across. The sign for the place is bigger than the crater.

Another_view_of_Odessa_Meteor_Crater_DSCN1362.JPG

Odessa-Meteor%20Crater%20018-TourTexas.jpg

Odessa, Texas Travelers may understandably get excited when they first see the "Odessa Meteor Crater" signs off of Interstate 20. The claims made on its behalf are all true. It is indeed the second largest meteor crater in the U.S., a hole 550 feet wide and 100 feet deep formed when a thousand-ton mass of space-iron slammed into the earth. Unfortunately, that was at least 50,000 years ago. In the millennia since, the crater has filled nearly to its rim with West Texas dust and silt. Now it's a barely discernible depression in scrubby rangeland, as visually thrilling as an Odessa vacant lot. Still, it is a meteor crater, and it has a handy walking trail lined with signs that explain its history and caution against removing rocks or irritating the local snakes. The crater is free to explore (from the trail), and an adjacent museum provides more information and sells fragments of the meteor based on weight. A nearby Texas historical plaque claims that the bulk of the space rock is still buried 170 feet below the surface -- maybe some day some one will dig it out, and visitors will finally have a big crater-like hole in the ground to look at.
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/26 ... mLHOs.dpuf