My Day so Far

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
As usual, as soon as one of us is gone, the cows decide they have to get busy ;-)

So, here is how the day is going so far

New baby #1
646newborn2.jpg

646newborn3.jpg

New baby #2
16newborn1.jpg

16newborn.jpg

Soon to be New baby #3, but she would rather have just taken over for either of the last 2. Here she is coming for #2 :x
141.jpg

She finally got one of her own :shock: It would have been sooo much easier to just take over one of the others though, so here she is in the corral :roll:
141newborn.jpg

All 3 bull calves, #1 out of an 11 year old cow, and the other 2 out of heifers. Then, I went out to check on a cow that was acting a little off this morning at feeding time, she hadn't been sorted "in" yet, but that didn't stop her ;-). She had a nice little tan heifer calf :D

Hey you! Where is your snow??? :lol:

Still got 6 inches or so here but gonna lose it in the next few days. Back to mud. :(

Good looking calves and mommies. I like the doubles and triples, gives you a "git er done" feeling. :lol:

( As long as it is normal presentations!! ).

AngusLimoX":uulz2ttw said:
Hey you! Where is your snow??? :lol:

Still got 6 inches or so here but gonna lose it in the next few days. Back to mud. :(

Good looking calves and mommies. I like the doubles and triples, gives you a "git er done" feeling. :lol:

( As long as it is normal presentations!! ).

All gone, a week of +10 temps gets rid of it in a hurry. We didn't actuall have that much though, but it did fill all the dugouts :shock: which was great.

It is actually about time they got busy, the first of them were due Mar 1 and up til today we had only had 7.

They all hit the ground under cow power only, so that was great. Think I have one that hasn't figured out where dinner comes from. The cow has a rather low hanging udder ;-) . I'll give him a bit longer, cause he's sure lookin, but if he doesn't figure it out soon I guess I will have to show him.

What beautiful pictures...what beautiful babies...what wonderful mommas.

Alice

Don't ya just love that confused look on the babies faces - it must be one heck of a surprise to land in the cold cruel world when you just came from a nice warm swimming hole

luv em -
Melanie

Latest posts