MY cows udder

Help Support CattleToday:

cow_crazy_101

Reaction score
i think my cow might have something in her udder.. i milked a little out and it had white clumps in it .. i have never seen that before..What is it ?????????????????????

Mastitis. Unless she is in the drying off process, then occasionally flakey clumpy stuff will form before she completely drys off and absorbes it.

cow_crazy_101":jrzp3fsd said:
i think my cow might have something in her udder.. i milked a little out and it had white clumps in it .. i have never seen that before..What is it ?????????????????????
that is mastitis.you need to milk her out good.an see if it clears up.

dun":p9fgtiw1 said:
Mastitis. Unless she is in the drying off process, then occasionally flakey clumpy stuff will form before she completely drys off and absorbes it.

these are little clumps is that the same????????

cow_crazy_101":dkba0bzd said:
dun":dkba0bzd said:

these are little clumps is that the same????????

Yes. Milk it out several times and sometimes it will clear up. If it doesn;t you will need antibiotics to clear it up

dun

Is this a fresh cow? If it is, some clumps can be normal, from just calving, milk being delayed letting down, before she came into her milk, like old milk, will clump in there. Sometimes it is not mastitis, just old clumped milk, now if her bag, or quarter feels hard it is mastitis, best to give Excenel IM, and or put a infusion up that quarter.

Gail