My Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Inyati... just a suggestion, but have you ever thought about leasing a bull? Not sure what the availability is in your neck of the woods but around here you can lease a really decent bull for minimal dollars. We leased one of our young Red Angus bulls to a neighbor and it worked out well for him. Seems to me that would be a good way to go for someone who had a limited number of cows and was looking to improve his herd. :2cents:[/quote]

Around here traders buy stockyard bulls that look decent and lease them out. Seen very few bulls of known breeding leased here. My biggest issue would be health issues, you don't know where the bull has been. A lot of people don't vacinate so he may bring something in.[/quote]
Good point Tom. In my situation it was one of my bulls that I was leasing to a neighbor (I am not in the bull leasing business). I would strongly advise that you know the bull or the farm where it is coming from!

dun":3s8mdkpz said:
Where did his EPDs fall compared to the breed average?
He shared the bull's number with me, he is good calving ease and low birth weight but low in his ww and yw numbers.

Latest posts