My Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

tgpacker

Reaction score
IM000421.JPG

IM000422.JPG

Purebred Wagyu, a real rancher and I are just starting to raise this breed

I work for one of the largest grocery chains in the upper midwest, our goal is to get our product into those stores, not purebred but 1/2 to 3/4 and for local citizens we would raise purebred on a contract basis. I have one store director who is willing to sell it so far and he hasn't eaten it he has just been reading about Wagyu. We also have a local tavern, a fairly nice one who is going to use our product. If you have never eaten purebred Wagyu you should try it, there is nothing like it. I am also one that believes the health aspects of Wagyu haven't been maximized, so far it has been sold and marketed solely on the taste and tenderness. Everyone who takes Lipitor is a potential customer for Wagyu beef. His name is Reggie and he is a yearling, possibly 13 months or so.

I saw my first Wagyu and Wagyu crosses for the first time 'in the flesh' on a recent trip to Texas. For people used to classic beef conformation, they have great length but poor hindquarters, but at the premium prices paid, especially on ribeye, the established breeders aren't particularly concerned!
I was impressed by the economics of the operation,but will stay with what I know will work for me!

Latest posts