My bull wants to fight neighboring bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have a Longhorn bull on 18 acres. He wants to give and also answer challenge calls with 2 neighboring bulls. What can I do to correct this problem? He has plenty of ass and grass to keep him busy so what are my options?
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

We use a good hot wire on both sides and along the top of any pasture fence between bulls. This is in addition to the field fence. Our charger is a 12 volt Parmak solar powered charger we've had for many years. It'll make your joints hurt if you accidentally touch it - trust me!<p>We've never had a bull breach a fence & various neighbors have Angus, Longhorn & mixed breed bulls. One neighbor's Angus/Longhorn/Jersey (isn't that a combo to make you cringe) bull made it out of his pasture & into a neighboring yard trying to find a way into our pasture. The fellow who lives in the house used a .22 to chase off the bull, but he never found a way past the hot wire & in with our cows.
<br>
<ul><li><a href="http://www.murraygrey.com">Rafter L Murray Greys</a></ul>

Linda,<br>Bet that bull was a sight to see!! I've never heard of that cross before lol.<p>: We use a good hot wire on both sides and along the top of any pasture fence between bulls. This is in addition to the field fence. Our charger is a 12 volt Parmak solar powered charger we've had for many years. It'll make your joints hurt if you accidentally touch it - trust me!<p>: We've never had a bull breach a fence & various neighbors have Angus, Longhorn & mixed breed bulls. One neighbor's Angus/Longhorn/Jersey (isn't that a combo to make you cringe) bull made it out of his pasture & into a neighboring yard trying to find a way into our pasture. The fellow who lives in the house used a .22 to chase off the bull, but he never found a way past the hot wire & in with our cows. <p><br>
<br>

(User Above)":3vpqcq1i said:
: Bet that bull was a sight to see!! I've never heard of that cross before lol.<p>He's not beautiful, that's a fact. Big, blocky, black, horn stubs curling around his face. But, the neighbor uses him on his heifers. He says he's easy calving, and has put milk back into his herd. <p>Of course, this bull is probably an improvement over the straight Longhorn that stood around ignoring heifers in heat right in front of his face. He put two Longhorns in with his heifers and one had to do all the work. <p>I finally asked him one day if the older bull had been fertility tested. "Of course not! He's a good bull!" I never know when to keep my nose out of someone else's business so did mention I was watching the bull one day when out heat detecting my own cows and he wasn't breeding or attempting to breed heifers obviously in heat. However, the neighbor is sure he has had calves out of that bull, so to each his own. :)
<br>

Latest posts