My Bull hit the Jackpot

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
The bull with all the Chrome has the Life of Riley. The gentlemen in Tennessee has friended me on Facebook, if it was not a violation of his privacy, I would post a picture.

The guy must have 15 grandchildren. Looks like all GIRLS.

They love the bull. Man said the girls are with him every chance they get.

It is an interesting story. I guess if you had only had all black cattle getting a gentle bull calf with all that white is a novelty. Plus, he is halter broke. The girls want to show him this fall.

It makes you think! First, the Chrome that we thought would hurt the bull the most was his biggest asset. Second, seeing that halter on him, made him more appealing.

The guy said he will be a horse by fall. The girls are feeding him like a pig.

This is one lucky BULL!!!

TennesseeTuxedo":2xomsxxy said:
Bright Raven":2xomsxxy said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2xomsxxy said:
Halters are gay.

Well, it helped sell him.

To a carnival.

Brings up a thought! I hope no one gets hurt. Apparently, they show cattle. I don't know the extent of that but all my bulls will push some and they like to play. I had to discipline this bull a few times because he likes attention and he puts his head against you and pushes.

I didn't say anything because these people know cattle so I trust they will be cautious. This calf already was in bull mode. He walked around the bull pen moaning. So the juices are flowing.

Bright Raven":33ytpl3l said:
The bull with all the Chrome has the Life of Riley. The gentlemen in Tennessee has friended me on Facebook, if it was not a violation of his privacy, I would post a picture.

It is an interesting story. I guess if you had only had all black cattle getting a gentle bull calf with all that white is a novelty. Plus, he is halter broke. The girls want to show him this fall.

It makes you think! First, the Chrome that we thought would hurt the bull the most was his biggest asset. Second, seeing that halter on him, made him more appealing.

Think what you want but that chromed up bull should of been a steer. If you sold this bull registered, you have did nothing but promote the ASA and the Simmental breeders in a negative way. IMO I have a easy question for you Ron, does that bull represent what a Simmental bull should look like in your eyes?

True Grit Farms":17584hyb said:
Bright Raven":17584hyb said:

Think what you want but that chromed up bull should of been a steer. If you sold this bull registered, you have did nothing but promote the ASA and the Simmental breeders in a negative way. IMO I have a easy question for you Ron, does that bull represent what a Simmental bull should look like in your eyes?

I have wondered why the White is viewed as negative. IDK.

Most commercial producers don't want a lot of scattered white because it gets discounted in feeder sales.

Bright Raven":5vhjqpfn said:
True Grit Farms":5vhjqpfn said:
Bright Raven":5vhjqpfn said:

Most commercial producers don't want a lot of scattered white because it gets discounted in feeder sales.

The white doesn't hurt anything and doesn't help anything, quality wise for sure. Someone at some time decided what everything should look like. Take a rainbow for instance, they sure are pretty stretched out across the sky. But on someone's shirt or car they look like crap. IMO

They'll probably pass it off as black Hereford, and get on the county fair circuit this summer. Show that thing to fall, and have semen sold from Memphis to Knoxville.

Bigfoot":26tfeacf said:
They'll probably pass it off as black Hereford, and get on the county fair circuit this summer. Show that thing to fall, and have semen sold from Memphis to Knoxville.

Lol

I should have retained semen rights!!!

True Grit Farms":12dp6s60 said:
Bright Raven":12dp6s60 said:
True Grit Farms":12dp6s60 said:

The white doesn't hurt anything and doesn't help anything, quality wise for sure. Someone at some time decided what everything should look like. Take a rainbow for instance, they sure are pretty stretched out across the sky. But on someone's shirt or car they look like crap. IMO

Grit. The ASA continues to register the older Simmentals. They are 30% or more white. If white is detrimental, that is contradictory to their goal. Do you think there should be a percent white disqualification?

TennesseeTuxedo":2iw9bg19 said:
I thought "real" Simmentals were red as their primary base color? What's all this black nonsense?

Simmental is the most interesting and perhaps the best breed of cattle in the world. The International Congress on Bos taurus, described the breed as " The Universal Breed to which all others breeds can be measured".

The original Simmental was red, brown and yellow with a measure of white. Often, 30 % or more white.

Bright Raven":2ptaolb5 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2ptaolb5 said:
I thought "real" Simmentals were red as their primary base color? What's all this black nonsense?

Simmental is the most interesting and perhaps the best breed of cattle in the world. The International Congress on Bos taurus, described the breed as " The Universal Breed to which all others breeds can be measured".

The original Simmental was red, brown and yellow with a measure of white. Often, 30 % or more white.

Caustic Burno tells me it's nothing more than a niche breed that got mixed up in the Angus septic tank, or was it cesspool?

TennesseeTuxedo":2bhj1uyg said:
Bright Raven":2bhj1uyg said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2bhj1uyg said:

Caustic Burno tells me it's nothing more than a niche breed that got mixed up in the Angus septic tank, or was it cesspool?

Where is Caustic?

Bright Raven":1as4vyyg said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1as4vyyg said:
Bright Raven":1as4vyyg said:

Where is Caustic?

Trying to get his wild herd of Brahman cross cows into the sorting pens.

Bright Raven":1mm5u2h7 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1mm5u2h7 said:

The original Simmental looked like a Fleckvieh does now

Latest posts