My Buddy

Help Support CattleToday:

FlyingLSimmentals

Reaction score
Been a wet rainy day and I'm a bit sick so just lounging around with my buddy Dave. So thought I share a pic. He's trying to boost my spirits to go and get into something.

Bright Raven said:
Is that his little orange potty in the background?

๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•
Ron, that's a little kids chair that had out for my baby nephew. It does look like a little potty though :lol: . Dave will tell me when he needs to go :nod: .

FlyingLSimmentals said:
Bright Raven said:
Is that his little orange potty in the background?

๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•
Ron, that's a little kids chair that had out for my baby nephew. It does look like a little potty though :lol: . Dave will tell me when he needs to go :nod: .

๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

He is so cute, i love dogs. They are so smart and adorable. Do you have more photos? :)

cowboy43 said:
What breed is he?

Australian Cattle Dog x Australian Shepherd. He matured at 49 lbs. One parent is part miniature. Got the pointed ears from the cattle dog and the black white body color from the shep.

Quinn123 said:
He is so cute, i love dogs. They are so smart and adorable. Do you have more photos? :)

Thank You. I loved all my dogs, but Dave here might take the cake. He's the 1st for me that gets to stay in the house, the 1st to ride in the cab of the truck, the 1st whom got to ride with me on the atv each time we go to the farm. He's smart and tough. He'll show his grit with the cattle and other dogs when needed but is so sweet and gentle with my young niece and baby nephew when they visit. I've got a few more pics, may not be saved on the computer though. I need to get some pics when he's helping but when we're working, isn't a camera around.

Australian Cattle Dog x Australian Shepherd. He matured at 49 lbs. One parent is part miniature. Got the pointed ears from the cattle dog and the black white body color from the shep.
Just goes to show how diverse hybrid crosses can be. My guess was working Kelpie X slick prick eared BC.

Obviously the forum took offense with a descriptive term commonly used to distinguish upright ears from those that hang down. :roll:

Him and I work well together he helps a lot with the cattle when I'm moving them alone and he can bluff and move them a lot better than me if there aren't too many distractions. Like if a deer spooks up he'll take after it and leave the work, also likes to get after squirrels, or if another dog came by or kids like my niece or nephew he wants to play with them. I'll take the blame for his love to chase deer and squirrels, when he was just a little guy he'd ride shotgun in the truck and we go to the fields and look for deer, turkeys and such scouting before the hunting seasons. I remember when he saw the first deer he didn't know what to think about it but after a while that white flagging tail has grown to be something he loves. He also loves them red tail fox squirrels as well and caught and killed one. Anyway I've been using a shock vibration collar to keep him from going hunting and to continue to focus on the cattle. I got to watch my dad he keeps trying to make him a squirrel dog. Lately he hasn't been going because of the neighbors mutts wanting to be on the farm all the time got to get that taken care of. I'd like to get more pics and share of a lot including Dave but I usually don't think of it or take the time to do so. Sorry Guys & Gals I'll try to do better.

Latest posts