My Bottle Baby

Help Support CattleToday:

Joy in Texas

Reaction score
I looked for the post about raising a bottle calf. This is one I raised in 2006. She's as big as a horse. And due to have her first calf the first of the year.
Salebarncalves8-28-07059.jpg

:D Thanks, I just wanted to show it is possible to raise a decent calf on a bottle. I know all of them won't turn out as good. Cause ,I've had some that just turned into little pot bellies.

ALACOWMAN":rr8gxrwy said:
i see one in the back ground with a pot gut holding a bottle :p
:D :D Well,he's doing what he does best. Getting in the way. Maybe ,I should have said thats what calves look like when they back fire. :D Just kidding! I thought about sending him to the sale barn. But he's a pretty good guy so,I guess I'll just keep him.

thats a nice looking heifer.you did a great job raising her.hey he is out of the way having a nice cold drink.

Hi Joy nice looking cattle. The one in the background could be mistaken for mine. Get rid of the beard and looks just like him with beverage in one hand the other on the hip ;-)

Have a great day

MM

I had my fisrt calf this year from a nice bottle heifer i raised in 2005. It can be done (sometimes). Even if 1 of every 2 turn out this way, you make a little money. Mine was bought for 150$. Very cheap cow.

MistyMorning":12u246au said:
Hi Joy nice looking cattle. The one in the background could be mistaken for mine. Get rid of the beard and looks just like him with beverage in one hand the other on the hip ;-)

Have a great day

MM
Thanks Misty,:D LOL well, he won't shave the beard. He's had it for 30 yrs. I wonder sometimes if that can isn't glued to his hand. I don't complain to much,cause he does work hard.

Latest posts