My blonde moment

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
No offense to you blondies. You are all a lot smarter than I. :oops:

Here's what I did. I was in the Crossfire this weekend cause Steve had the truck. I noticed that both his inspection and registration were out. I got the car inspected and yesterday I went to the the annex and got the registration sticker. Well, I went home intent on peeling off the old registration sticker and in my momentary blondeness, I destroyed the inspection sticker instead. I still have the paperwork from when it passed inspection and we are friends with the guy who owns the oil change place I used. I gathered up the shreds of the sticker.

Can I take it back there, tell them what I did, and get a new inspection sticker? I wonder how much that's gonna cost? Just explaining what I did is painful enough.

And of course, it's Steve's fault. :nod: If he'd take care of the crap himself...

Will this work?

Lammie":z77mwasu said:
Will this work?

Dunno. When we did the windshield replacement, we paid for a new state sticker and just had the truck inspected again. $15 or so for everything.

If you know the guy who did the inspection why not just go back and ask him about it? It would be better to do it sooner rather than later though. I'm sure if you explain the problem he could help you out!

Oh, I am going this afternoon when I got off work. I don't really want Steve to know about it. I'd never hear the end of it...

I still can't believe I did this.

I can't be the only person in history who has done this!!!

I say shame on Steve for not doing the job right the first time. Make him go back :D Or its no newkey for him :lol: :lol: :nod:
Good luck

im sure your not the 1st 1 to ever pull off the new inspection sticker thinking its your reg.they will give you a new 1 along with a heck of a ribbing.

bigbull338":3oj6v7hu said:
im sure your not the 1st 1 to ever pull off the new inspection sticker thinking its your reg.they will give you a new 1 along with a heck of a ribbing.

That is what I dread the most... It's still a small town and Johnny is our neighbor.

Lammie":1en26psr said:
I can't be the only person in history who has done this!!!
Not quite the same, but I had an uncle that went through all the registration process and got new stickers for his car. He was stopped for driving on expired plates. He had put the stickers on the wrong car and had been driving like that for over 7 months. He got stopped 3 times in different towns that weekend before he could buy new stickers.

I expect you'll have to buy a new sticker. They have to account for them to the State.

The inspection station gets half the revenue so maybe you can talk them out of their share but I know that's not why you are upset(?) Everyone does a blonde thing once in a while. Don't beat yourself up. (DUH) :lol: :lol: :lol:

lavacarancher":104nqtsv said:
I expect you'll have to buy a new sticker. They have to account for them to the State.

The inspection station gets half the revenue so maybe you can talk them out of their share but I know that's not why you are upset(?) Everyone does a blonde thing once in a while. Don't beat yourself up. (DUH) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I used to know someone who did state inspections and he said that they were very picky about it. That was why I was outside this morning picking up the pieces I could find to prove that I had a sticker but in my extreme blondeness I mess it up... If I can catch Johnny there, he'll be nice to me about it and then rib me about it every time I get the oil changed from now on.

If your mechanic follows the law he will have to reinspect and charge you because each sticker is inventoried by the state also the State audits the inspector several times a year . A lot of mechanics around here have quit inspecting because it is not worth the hassel they go through for the amount of money they get out of it. I have been told by mechanics the inspectors will park across the street and watch from a distance to see if he is doing all procedures.

cowboy43":2jijhzt9 said:
If your mechanic follows the law he will have to reinspect and charge you because each sticker is inventoried by the state also the State audits the inspector several times a year . A lot of mechanics around here have quit inspecting because it is not worth the hassel they go through for the amount of money they get out of it. I have been told by mechanics the inspectors will park across the street and watch from a distance to see if he is doing all procedures.

I have acually heard that, too. The guy I know who did inspections quit for that reason. Great, that was a forty-five dollar mistake. Live and learn.

Isn't the inspection sticker just a formality, if you had the original paperwork, signed by the mechanic, and the form that says you got the plates renewed surely that would be good enough. If you ever got pulled over the cop just runs the plates anyways, to see if they are in order, I don't think just because the sticker isn't on the window, would be a big deal.

GMN

A blond called me and asked, "What's John Lassiter's name?"

I thought this must have been some kind of joke. I could not think of any dit name he went by so I questioned her further. It wasn't a joke. She could not recall the guy's name until she called and asked. Once we finally figured out the point of her call she gave me the "OMG!" expression and hung up.

The bad part about not having the sticker in the window is you keep getting pulled over. Even if the paper work in in order, sooner or later they will catch you with the cold beer in your hand. Then your--------
Tom

Latest posts