My Big Fat Cow

Help Support CattleToday:

ga. prime

Reaction score
P1000298.jpg

[/img]
P1000310.jpg

You definitely have a "Big Fat Cow".

If she weans half of her bodyweight in calf every year, you will have "one big calf"!

when do you expect her other calves?
is her name by chance "Marge"?

Beefy, her name is "that big red cow", or #8.
Copeman, I no longer have the RA bull. Only Black Ang. now.
DMc, she breeds back right on time every year. Calves late Sept., early Oct. every year.
MikeC., she doesn't wean half her weight, but does wean a 5 weight every time. Except the time she had twins.
I inherited #8 from my Dad back in yr. 2000. At that time she was a yearling heifer. Her hips won't fit through the headgate, I have to back her out a side door. She easily weighs over a ton and looks the same year-round. In times of plenty or times of drought. Whether long or short bred. I'll be away on a canoe trip for few days, so if someone asks another question and it doesn't get answered, I'm not ignoring them. :)

That is one of the best looking cows I have seen. Do you think that red/white faced or black/white faced do better at the sales? Black seems to do better for us, but I love the red.

:cboy:

In my limited experience those fat cows often wean sorry calves. There intake stays in them instead of going to their udder. I culled one this year that if she were human she would be labeled "morbidly obese". Every year she got fatter and her calf got a little smaller.

Latest posts