My baby had a baby!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Z&J Cattle

Reaction score
When I got home from work today and was checking the cows, I found that the first heifer that I raised here on the farm from day 1 was about to have her first calf. I have her and another heifer that we kept in a small lot close to the corral in case we had to get them up to intervien during calving. Anyway, when I pulled up she was lying down, she stood up and turned away and, sure enough, there were two hooves and a little nose sticking out. I backed off a litte and let her have her space, and within about 3 minutes, she had the calf. It was standing up faster than I have ever seen (less than 5 minutes). She took right to it and started doing the mom thing. Couldn't have gone any better. Added another cow to the herd!

congrats on the new baby calf.its so cool to see something you raised calve for the 1st time.

Same thing happened ta me about a year ago. Great feelin,eh?
My baby girl just had her second one a few days ago! :D :D :D

It's alway's great having something you raised start adding to the herd. Congrat's on the new calf :lol:

Congratulations,Z & J.....I remember back when a group of heifers that I raised had their first calf. It's a great feeling ,that something went right.