my appoligies

Help Support CattleToday:

hey guys this was only a little joke LMAO, now what has it turned into, please call a trouss, this is getting a bit to pollitical not what was intended at all.

lets all beg to differ here and get back to the other threads and leave this one alone.

I have a few good jokes but an afraid to post as to what it will turn into. the one about the marine someone has accused me of upsetting the French, not intended at all the French hate the English anyway it is common knowlege here as it works both ways.

chrisy":1mq5xiya said:
hey guys this was only a little joke LMAO, now what has it turned into, please call a trouss, this is getting a bit to pollitical not what was intended at all.

lets all beg to differ here and get back to the other threads and leave this one alone.

No no no Chrisy, part of the fun is hijacking. Nothing wrong with talking politics.

cypressfarms":jlep8e4p said:
chrisy":jlep8e4p said:

No no no Chrisy, part of the fun is hijacking. Nothing wrong with talking politics.

ok ok do as you wish I will get my coat, and but out, lol.

chrisy":2pyufpmr said:
cypressfarms":2pyufpmr said:
chrisy":2pyufpmr said:

Just like you guys across the pond... stir things up and go for your coat! Just joking this is fun! :D

Thanks,
Alan

I agree with you,chrisy, but I have to say 2 things.

1. This has been a great discussion.

2. In the first year of W's tax cuts my wife and I paid $2800 less in inome taxes than we had the year before. That's not a lot of money to some people, and it sure as he!! not a lot of money to politicians who are so good at throwing other peoples money around, but its a lot of money to us as we are FAR from what anyone would call rich. So every time I hear somebody whine about the so called "tax cut for the rich" I just wanta puke. :mad:

chrisy":3c9zne0f said:

:eek: Come on back chrisy. "these colors don't run" :p

This is getting more interesting all the time. I have been reading past post history and now I smell a rat! Caustic is absolutely right about new trucks, deer leases, Emus.

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread. I just don't like folks telling me that I am ashamed of my vote. I'm darn proud to be American and darn proud to vote.

The economy is thriving and someone is painting a different picture. I guess they have been listening to the foreign owned media. Dubya gets on the tube, sometimes makes a bit of a fool of hisself, then a reporter translates what I heard into the exact opposite of what Dubya said. If Cokey Roberts is talking, my remote gets immediate action. Sometimes I hear 10 of her words before the channel changes.

Dan Rather, "No matter what you think of him, he is your president....." DARN RIGHT HE IS. I had a part of making that happen.

Coolwater you need to learn about rural ELECTRIFICATION and what it took to get it our cost are nothing today.

RURAL ELECTRIFICATION. The Emergency Relief Act of 1935 gave President Franklin Delano Roosevelt the authority he needed for a rural-electrification program. When on May 11 of that year he started the Rural Electrification Administration as a depression relief agency similar to the Work Projects Administration and the Civilian Conservation Corps,qv rural electrification at first seemed to offer the large-scale project that was needed, since only 10 percent of the nation's farms then had central-station electricity. In Texas, with sparse population and vast spaces, the figure was only 2.3 percent. It soon became clear, however, that rural electrification was not a suitable relief project. It needed small numbers of skilled men rather than large numbers of unskilled labor. By August 1935, the agency was modified to a lending agency. It took its permanent form in 1936 with passage by Congress of the Norris-Rayburn Bill. By that time Texas farmers were already at work. A loan to a group at Bartlett had been approved in November 1935 for $33,000, one of the first ten loans made by the REA. The Bartlett farmers had contracted to buy power from the municipal generating plant, so they were able to move ahead swiftly. Their first fifty-eight-mile line serving 120 members was energized on March 9, 1936. Members claim that date made the Bartlett project the first in the nation under the REA. Investor-owned utilities and municipalities could borrow from the REA for rural electrification financing, but few did. The utilities feared uniform rate and area coverage regulations. Municipalities were not sure about their legal power to build rural lines. Utilities undertook some rural line building, but did not use REA loans. Most borrowers were organized groups of farmers and ranchers like those at Bartlett. Each group had to convince REA officials that their project was feasible and that the loan was sound. In some areas this was difficult; for example, in Schleicher County ranchers proposed a cooperative with less than one member per mile of line. After several revisions, their loan application finally was approved when one member signed a contract guaranteeing to pay a minimum of seventy-five dollars a month, and several others agreed to pay fifty dollars monthly.

By January 1, 1965, the REA borrowers and investor-owned utilities had more than reversed the statistics on rural electrification-instead of only 2 percent of Texas farms with electricity, there were only 2 percent without electricity. By 1966 REA loans had financed seventy-seven distribution systems in Texas (seventy-six cooperatives and the Rural Electric Division of Bryan) and two generation and transmission cooperatives. Together, these systems operated more than 165,000 miles of line reaching into all but ten Texas counties. By January 1, 1971, the seventy-seven distribution systems financed by REA loans in Texas operated more than 180,089 miles of line, serving 496,083 rural connections and reaching into 246 of 254 counties in the state. The REA cooperatives in Texas formed a statewide association, Texas Electric Co-Ops, Incorporated, with headquarters in Austin. The association issued a monthly publication, Texas Co-Op Power, with a circulation of 260,000 (the largest statewide circulation in the nation), operated a transformer and repair division with shops in Austin, and maintained a pole-treating division with a plant in Jasper. A data-processing center in Austin did the addressing and billing for sixteen co-ops serving 113,000 consumers all over Texas. By the 1980s, seventy-five electric distribution cooperatives maintained headquarters in Texas, along with the rural electric division of Bryan, and served more than 750,000 rural connections. These systems, with the Brazos Electric Power Cooperative and South Texas Electric Cooperative, operated more than 210,000 miles of transmission and distribution lines statewide. The average density of consumers was 3.5 per mile of line. Total employment by the distribution systems and three generation and transmission cooperatives exceeded 4,000. By 1977 rural electric systems numbered seventy-six, and total power generated and purchased had reached over 9.9 billion kilowatt-hours, with consumer needs increasing. In the 1990s, the seventy-six electric distribution cooperatives operating in Texas served more than 1,075,000 rural connections. These systems, plus two of three Texas generation and transmission cooperatives, operated more than 257,000 miles of line extending into all but nine Texas counties. Power produced by the third generation and transmission co-op was relayed through non-co-op-owned lines to the distribution cooperatives' load centers. Seven additional cooperative federations had no operating facilities, but represented their cooperatives in relations with regulatory bodies and wholesale power suppliers. The seventy-six distribution co-ops and five staffed generation and transmission co-ops employed more than 5,550 persons. The average number of consumer units served by the distribution cooperatives per mile of line was 4.18.

Caustic Burno":3fgdml30 said:
AngusSenorita":3fgdml30 said:
Backhoeboogie-

I am 16 and in a school class(Current World Events) we talk about many political actions among other things. One would be taxes. If this generation does not pay its taxes then we(my generation) will be stuck with enormous tax rates after this huge debt from the war and for social security.

Bush is using the Trickle-Down effect and it is not working. By cutting the taxes on the rich he hopes they will contribute to the economy, but they save it. And by taxing the poor he deprives them.

I will end it there.

All right you bunch of brats listen up Freedom is not free a few pennies in taxes aint cow flop. Men and women have paid a lot higher than taxes you are worried about. At this very minute our WW2 veterans that survived the likes of Omaha Beach and Iwo Jima are dying at 1500 a day. If you really want to know what things cost you need to study this generation they took us from horse and buggy to the moon, no other generation in our countries history paid anywhere near what these Americans have paid. We all could learn how to be better Americans by being more like America's greatest generation.

I'll second that motion. Nobody cares about the sacrifices Grandpa made-rest his soul. He was a side gunner in a B-17 shooting at ME-109's before they took his plane out, and knocking out factories and trains that supported the third reich. Nobody cares about Dad who paid his dues during the Vietnam conflict. All most care about these days are the puny sacrifices they themselves have to make. BOY OH BOY my light bill is $150, it must George W's fault. Gas is $2.50/gallon, it must be George W's fault. Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast, it must be a conspiracy from the White House to keep the black man down. Give it a rest ya bunch of whining panzies. And do us all a favor, teach your kids to have a little more respect for these past sacrifices. Oh yeah, and quit buying in to all the liberal media lies plastered all over the place every day and start thinking for yourselves.

D.R. Cattle":27knrxaw said:
Caustic Burno":27knrxaw said:
All right you bunch of brats listen up Freedom is not free a few pennies in taxes aint cow flop. Men and women have paid a lot higher than taxes you are worried about. At this very minute our WW2 veterans that survived the likes of Omaha Beach and Iwo Jima are dying at 1500 a day. If you really want to know what things cost you need to study this generation they took us from horse and buggy to the moon, no other generation in our countries history paid anywhere near what these Americans have paid. We all could learn how to be better Americans by being more like America's greatest generation.

I'll second that motion. Nobody cares about the sacrifices Grandpa made-rest his soul. He was a side gunner in a B-17 shooting at ME-109's before they took his plane out, and knocking out factories and trains that supported the third reich. Nobody cares about Dad who paid his dues during the Vietnam conflict. All most care about these days are the puny sacrifices they themselves have to make. BOY OH BOY my light bill is $150, it must George W's fault. Gas is $2.50/gallon, it must be George W's fault. Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast, it must be a conspiracy from the White House to keep the black man down. Give it a rest ya bunch of whining panzies. And do us all a favor, teach your kids to have a little more respect for these past sacrifices. Oh yeah, and quit buying in to all the liberal media lies plastered all over the place every day and start thinking for yourselves.

Here! Here! Well said.

I think back I lost my grandfather I never got to see from Spanish Influenza from WW1. I had an uncle at Pearl Harbor Dec.7,1941 ,I had another that was a marine that made the beach landings at Guam,Iwo Jima, and Okinawa that was awarded the Navy Cross, a father fighting the wolf pack in the North Atlantic and again in the Korean Conflict. People whine about sacrifices today,while this entire generation was at war abroad or home, building B-17's or Liberty ships. God help us if this country every has to step to plate as these Great Americans . This generation rebuilt Japan,Germany,Italy,and to a lesser extent England and France. These countries owe us billions from WW2 not one again not one has repaid one red cent of even the interest on the billions in war loans we pumped into those countries. Holler about that had the US not entered the war Europe and North Africa today would be speaking German and all of Asia would be enslaved by the most brutal country known to modern man the Nipponese.
When today they whine at the first inconviece, cheap gas,electricity, or driving is not a right its a privledge.

World War Two Timeline

The timeline below includes some of the landmark military campaigns and battles of the United States involvement in World War II as well as selected war-related U.S. government actions at home. The two lists together provide brief context for some of the government drives and programs featured in much of the wartime advertising that is part of Ad*Access.

World War II - Front Line Actions
World War II - On the Home Front
Dec. 7 Japanese attack Pearl Harbor
Dec. 8 U.S. declares war on Japan
Dec. 11 Germany and Italy declare war on U.S.
April 11 Office of Price Administration (OPA) established

May 7 Battle of Coral Sea
June 3 Battle of Midway
Aug. 7 U.S.offensive at Guadalcanal
Aug. 17 First USAAF raid in Europe
Sept. 15 Papua-New Guinea campaign
Nov. 8 Operation Torch (North African campaign)
Jan. 24 OPA authorized to ration goods
Jan. 30 Emergency Price Control Act
Feb. 10 Last new civilian car made
April Japanese-Americans relocated
July 22 Gasoline rationing begins
Nov. 30 First War Loan
Dec. 27 Food Rationing Program announced

Jan. 4 Tunisian campaign
Feb. 2 Germans surrender at Stalingrad
Mar. 2 Battle of the Bismarck Sea
May 13 North African war ends
June 30 South Pacific offensive begins
Aug. 15 Aleutians retaken
Aug. 17 Patton conquers Sicily
Sept. 9 U.S. Army lands at Salerno, Italy
Oct. 9 USAAF Schweinfurt Raid
Nov. 20 Central Pacific campaign begins
Feb. first point rationing books distributed
April 8 Roosevelt's "Hold the Line" Order freezes price increases
April 12 Second War Loan
Sept. 9 Third War Loan

Jan. 22 Allies land at Anzio, Italy
Feb. 7 Allied victory in the Marshall islands
June 4 Rome liberated
June 6 D-Day (Operation Overlord begins in Europe)
June 19 Battle of the Philippines Sea
Aug. 15 Allied invasion of France (Operation Dragoon)
Sept. 10 France liberated
Sept. 11 Invasion of Germany
Oct. 23 Battle of Leyte Gulf
Nov. 24 Bombing of Japan begins
Dec. 16 Battle of the Bulge
Jan. 18 Fourth War Loan
June 12 Fifth War Loan
Nov. 20 Sixth War Loan

Jan. 9 Philippines Luzon Campaign
Feb. 8 Rhineland Campaign
Feb. 23 Marines plant flag on Iwo Jima
Mar. 9 USAAF Tokyo raid
April 1 Okinawa Campaign
May 2 Fall of Berlin
May 8 VE Day (Germany surrenders)
Aug. 6 Atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima
Sep. 2 VJ Day (Japan signs surrender agreement)
April 12 Death of Franklin D. Roosevelt; Harry S Truman becomes President
May 14 Seventh War Loan
October 29 Eighth, or Victory, War Loan

I figured this would get Juicy while I slept today. I am like Cypress I love a good political discussion. It is one of the few I fill I have everything on my side to win, hard for a liberal to stand toe to toe with a conservative and talk about the issues.

Bez--- I think a big problem we have today is parents do not explain and talk to their kids about politics (like many things) not only do we need to teach them manners we need to point out how this whole political process is. In my house you can hear my 8 year old saying stupid liberals all the time :D My 15 year old gets in trouble all the time at school for challenging the teacher on Liberal issues, or just making liberal jokes.

As for the Rich getting tax breaks! More power to them. You take a middle class person, say he pays $7,000.00 in taxes in a year. He gets his kids schooled, Highways instead of dirt to drive on, police protection, Fire protection, Armed forces to protect from foreign threat...etc.....

Now you take a Rich man he pays $7,000,000.00 (million) in taxes. He gets all the same above. Why does he owe it to us to pay more than his fair share? In a fair world we would all divide up the exact cost of running this country and split the bill much like two friends split the bill when they go out to eat Pizza, why should the rich friend have to buy the middle class guy his pizza?

WWII----I am just glad that we have much better technology now days. Because even though we have some brave young ones fighting right now, I am not sure we could find enough of them that have what it takes to protect this country if ever needed like it was during WWII.

I could type for hours on these issues, but afraid you all would get tired of reading :D

in my military experience, I spent 14 months in Japan, 16 Months in Korea, and 28 months in viet nam. let me tell you I am glad to be here in the good ol USA. I get a great feeling of pride everytime I see ol Glory flying. I get a great feeling of pride when I hear The Star Spangle Banner playing.

I'm with mighty Merle when he say's when you're running down my country you're on the fighting side of me.

he also says if you don't love it leave it. my feelings exactly planes also leave the USA.
Like Aplusmnt said I could go on and on reasons this is a great country but ya'll would kick me off here.
Just one more thing if you ever witnised a country torn up by war I think ya'll would agree to try to stop it elswhere before it got here. also nuff said.

Cal

Hi Caustic, good post but slightly inaccurate on the subject of war loans. Repayment of war loans by Great Britain to the United States of America should be completed by 31st December 2006.

Regards,
Farmer rich

Well in response to these post there are two points to make.

1)Tax rates should be the same for everyone, that way no one is being punished or relived.

2) Someone is calling everyone of my generation whiny brats, I can't speak for every teen out there; but I assure you that I am thankful for our troops, for those who died in WW II.

my Uncles were in WWll from the begining in 1939 right through to 1945, thankfully they came back. also my Grandad was in the first war, he was blown out of a trench and saved his Commanding Officer and won the Victoria Cross for bravery, which I am very proud of, and if it wasn't for your troops coming over here to help us out I would not be married to my Husband, as his Daddy was from LA over here to help. so I have been brought up on War stories and such, unfortunatly my Father could not fight as he was in essential work and was ill, he told us many a time he went to sign up but was asked for his green card as his NHS number told the authories his exemption, I wonder how many young people would try for one of those cards today if call up came again. But one thing I have learnt in Political history is that England have paid back a lot of the monies America put into the War and that the debt will be finished soon. But every time there is a war somewhere now, we do not sit back and let you get on with it we step in and help, there are a lot of our troops in the Middle East helping at the moment. and Good Luck to both sides in their safe return home sooner rather than later.

AngusSenorita":3aovxuga said:

1)Tax rates should be the same for everyone, that way no one is being punished or relived.

2) Someone is calling everyone of my generation whiny brats, I can't speak for every teen out there; but I assure you that I am thankful for our troops, for those who died in WW II.

1. Well, if you want to meander over to take a look at the federal taxation rates I think you might find those "rich" folks would like that as well. You see, the more money they make, the more taxes they pay. They are penalized because they are "rich".

2006 rates located here:

http://www.irs.gov/formspubs/article/0, ... 56,00.html

2. No one said all were whiny brats - just that many are. I believe you might agree.

Bez!

AngusSenorita":3tyluv7l said:

You and I have common ground on both of these issues. You are my future. As Bez! pointed out, with flat tax or especially equal payment, the poor will pay more and the rich will pay less. When I am too old to carry on, or dead and gone, your generation will do fine. All we are really asking is that you get the facts, don't believe the foreign owned liberal media. Realize that most of Hollywood is foreign owned, just like our ports may be soon.

My generation, and those before me, made plenty of our own mistakes. We will make more. But as everyone has pointed out, we have the ability to right our mistakes, to be thankful of those who gave us this opportunity. Realize that we had ancestors maimed, killed, tortured and willing to pay the price to give us this land and its freedom. As such, we aren't taking kindly to anyone who wants to take it away, tread on it, or turn it into a communistic nation.

We are on the edge of experiencing world economy. There needs to be a level playing field for it to work fairly for all. That is a long way off. Your generation is in for many challenges. Do us proud. Fight for the right things for the right reasons. Register to vote when you become of age. Know which candidate to support from your county treasurer all the way up to the president. Be informed and don't be hoodwinked.

Caustic Burno":1mh1eje1 said:
coolwater":1mh1eje1 said:
la4angus":1mh1eje1 said:
coolwater":1mh1eje1 said:
.also he has about destroyed what was the middle class.you cant keep any extra money these days because its all going on the high priced fuel.its tacked onto most utility bills and everything you buy these days.and with his and chenneys interrests in the oil market they are smilling all the way to the bank and whomever says otherewise lives in a fantasy world or they voted for him and are too proud to admit he is a mistake.]
You must be trying to live to high on the hog. I'm
nothing but middle class at best and better off financially than I've ever been.
Of course we don't have to have the biggest pickup or fanciest car made every year. We don't have to see how much money we can spend or how many miles we can drive every day or week.
no i dont try to live "too high on the hog" in fact ive cut back as much as possible.i have updated all light fixtures to the new "low cost" energy efficiant ones.my lights stay off until dark.and my electric bill.let me rephrase that,everyones electric bills within this co op has drasticaly increased due to fuel.when the fuel surcharge is higher than the total energy bill there is a problem.and if ANYONE in this country says they arent paying more for any good right down to the groceries due to a fuel increase that person is either not doing the shopping or checkbook or they are in total denial.im glad to see that you are prospering in your middle class.im not jealous at all.this is supposed to be the land of prosperity.we just arent seeing it in our corner of the map.and i mean nobody is.

Hogwash lets see you posted the other day about driving a Chevy 4X4 Crew Cab,deer leases, hunting dang near every day and buying Emu's for a spoiled brat daughter. Your post are crap your talkin out of both sides of your mouth.
You are trying to live beyond your means or PO'd you can't play as much over eletricity bill, grow up it's cheaper today than it was in the seventies. Your problem is you are from the I want it all generation and now. I don't know of a lot of poor famlies buying emu's paying for deer lease's and driving 30,000 dollar trucks.

To quote a friend Nuff said.
never said i was poor.i dont own a damn person a damn thing.my be nice truck didnt cost 30k it cost 40k and its all mine free and clear.dont owe thefreaking bank a dime for my farm its all paid for as well.all i owe are utilities and insurance.preety damn neat for a dumb farmer who talks out both sides of his mouth.can you say the same thing? i doubt it seriously.im in debt to nobody.yea i do hunt and fish most of the time.so be nice what.i earned it.worked all my life and thats the reward of retirement young man.and if dubya,clinton,gore,kerry or jack be nice is in office and isnt doing his job i will say so.i vote.im a law abiding tax paying citizen and by God all those great men you spoke of earlier payed with their precious lives to give me that right and i will not keep silenced.might as well add this too.seems like a lot of people got sucked in by the whole bush is christian thing and now they are bitter cause their man isnt even making the republican congress happy.just check out all the ones that will be comming up for reelection soon.they are running scared.tell you what young man.we will see what the polls say when congress is voted on then well see in 08.if im wrong then you got me straight up.everyone on here will know about it.is that a deal?and btw sounds like you are the one "talking out of both sides of their mouth" from your last post.you praised all those heros who gave their lives for America for us to have the right to our choice.and now you want to take it back.lets see now i think your dubya calls that "flip flopping" i think thats the term.

If we flip/flop again on Presidents, it will be a flop, which will result in another flip.

Ahhhhnold was on the tube today talking about how the Republicans are making a difference in California. Looks like the libs lost much ground out there when the well went dry.

If the Democratic Party gets back to the values they used to have, they'll have my support again. Doesn't look like that will happen any time soon.