• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

My 25.00 Calf

Help Support CattleToday:

Joy of Texas

Reaction score
This is the little bull calf I bought Monday . He is doing really good. I got colostrum in him and a round of shots. The jersey is letting him nurse,so I think the little guy is going to make it.
Helpful Hint : If you you see that orange thing. It's a dog harness. It's very helpful to control the little boogers. It doesn't choke them and it's very easy to lead them or hold them still.

angie1

Reaction score
Good for you Joy! :clap: I have to admit I was looking forward to seeing color when I opened your post, but thats a cute little guy, and $25 is a great deal, especially with a nurse cow. I like the harness idea, I use halters, but the harness is better yet for a baby.

dun

Reaction score
Aince you have him broke to harness you should train him as an ox

mnmtranching

Reaction score
That's good! And good to see someone doing things right.

Alice

Reaction score
Oh Joy, he's beautiful! My fingers are crossed for him, and you!

Alice

Workinonit Farm

Reaction score
He looks like he's made of velvet or velveteen. I like the dog harness idea, I'll keep that in mind in the future.

Good deal. Good luck with him.

Katherine

donnaIL

Reaction score
Looks like you did okay...and I'm gonna have to dig out my harness (use to have hound dogs), I was gonna get rid of the thing...that's a handy idea. donna

Alice

Reaction score
Let me throw in my kudos for the harness idea! Good thinkin'!!!!

Alice

OP
J

Joy of Texas

Reaction score
Thanks all,Ha ! I loved the responses. A seeing eye calf LOL. Now that's funny.No he doesn't chase the cats yet. I'm more worried about him chasing cars and peeing on trees. :lol:
Workinonit, he does have a beautiful velvet coat. His coat is so soft.
The harness does work real well guys. I started using a dog harness on a calf last summer. The little stinker wouldn't stay still. I had my dog there ,so I borrowed her harness. They don't seem to fight as much as they do with a halter.
He doesn't have a name yet. Give me some ideas.

Latest posts