My 2006 buck

Help Support CattleToday:

boone

Reaction score
deer2006.jpg
Hope this works. Boone

Nice buck boone.

We like to eat them at my house and I prefer younger bucks. But I do know lots of hunters that would be proud to get one like that. They'd drop lots on nickels getting it mounted. Congratulations.

Nice buck. That's got better horns then the average buck in this area. Anyone that doesn;t get a bit excited when a buck like that crosses their path, well, I don;t know.........
As for the eating qualitys, I'll eat an old buck or a young doe or button buck. It's all venison. If someone wacks a good old mossyhorn and doesn;t want to eat it, donate it to one of the multitude of hunter sharing programs.
The toughest stringiest venison I've had was a yearling doe my wife shot last year, dropped in it's tracks. While the older 8 pt I got wasn;t all that tender it was a lot better eating then that sorry doe, but we ate them both anyway. The buck she got and the doe I got we donated to "Share the harvest". They may have gotten better eating then we did, but venison is venison and it all eats good.

dun

JonB, I got him right on the Pike and Lincoln county line. Not real sure which side of the line he was on. :lol: Boone

Nice buck boone! Bucks like that do not cross a hunters path too often. It is one to be proud of. Congrats!

Boone you could have probably had a little fun with this telecheck thing trying to explain to it the two counties it might have been killed in.

Alright Boone - It's time to come clean. That there looks like some place where a feller can go in, pick out a buck, and have his picture made - for a nominal fee!
Wish I'd thought of that idea!

:lol: :lol: Pretty good idea don't you think!! We got 15 the opening weekend so we had a nice selection. Boone

boone":34sphu5b said:
:lol: :lol: Pretty good idea don't you think!! We got 15 the opening weekend so we had a nice selection. Boone

:lol: :lol: That one buck had his picture taken with 12 different people and he is on the internet over 100 times now! :lol: Well. Aren't you glad you had him to stage with all your hunting buddies.

backhoeboogie":3m6lte1e said:
boone":3m6lte1e said:

:lol: :lol: That one buck had his picture taken with 12 different people and he is on the internet over 100 times now! :lol: Well. Aren't you glad you had him to stage with all your hunting buddies.

:nod:

Why would you do that????Do you feel any shame at all????

If you get a good buck brag about it, but you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to pass that buck off as yours.

Bullbuyer and I were just having some fun. He is all mine (as evidenced by the check I wrote the taxidermist yesterday). The weather is cool enough, so we let them hang for a couple days and then have a butchering party. I skinned and quartered 6 monday night. Boone

S.R.R.":25qbae2z said:
backhoeboogie":25qbae2z said:
boone":25qbae2z said:

:nod:

Why would you do that????Do you feel any shame at all????

If you get a good buck brag about it, but you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to pass that buck off as yours.

S.R.R. That was a joke. Boone got a buck that a lot of folks would like to get, and most city dwellers probably won't get a rack like that in their lifetime. But you're right, anyone trying to deceive someone else should be ashamed. But my statement was intended to be humor.

Latest posts