Must have a strong will to live

Help Support CattleToday:

FarmGirl10

Reaction score
WICHITA, Kan. — A Kansas State student believes he will fully recover after his head was almost severed from his body during a trip to the Fiesta Bowl in Arizona to follow his Wildcat team in early January.
Michael Tysver was headed back to the hotel with friends when the pedicab he was riding in was hit from behind by a car. The pedicab is a bicycle that pulls a two-seated cart behind it.
Michael was clinically dead for a few minutes, his head almost severed from his body, his back in his neck split open.
He says it's the same injury that happens when you are hanged.
Michael spent hours in surgery where doctors used pieces of his rib to patch up his backbone. Six days later he was already trying to walk.
'The doctors down there said they never saw anything like this where someone got back on their feet so quick," he said.
"I think I'll be 100% again. It's going to take some time," he said. "Just want to thank a lot of people that they've donated to the fund for us and given out their prayers and support. It's really helped a lot."
Michael's friend, Cody Clark suffered severe head trauma during the crash. The driver of the car that hit them has been accused of drunk driving.

http://fox4kc.com/2013/01/18/head-nearly-severed-k-state-student-makes-stunning-recovery/

Wow! It sounds like his spinal cord didn't get severed, and pretty much remained intact. Good for him. He's got a great attitude.

Katherine

I read the quote, but not the link. Sounds like a miracle. I hope he realizes its not luck.