Must finally be spring

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Sitting out on the porch, 3 am and a little chilly at 35 degrees, I heard a flock of geese pass over headed north. It's now just after 4am and there have been 4 flocks pass over that I've heard. I have no idea how many passed by out of earshot.

dun

That sounds lovely, Dun.

Just came in from checking the girls, and it's minus 32 C with an unbelievably rude nor'wester howling...the woodsmoke from the house was being blown down over the side of the house - wasn't even rising.

It's very encouraging to hear that spring cometh, as right now I'm starting to wonder if it's ever gonna get here.

Please send green or muddy pictures soon. :help:

Take care.

Yup. Good sign for us Canucks, as they must be heading home to Canada for spring. :D

I can hardly wait to hear the robins and blackbirds...not to mention the frogs "creaking" at night. C'mon spring!!

Take care.

Thanks for the info dun was wondering when they would be on there way----I heard a crow the other day after our winters it sure is a good sound, Hope you kept those geese in good shape because if there going to land in any waterways around here --Their going to find the water pretty HARD/

Carlos D.":2j07ct4m said:
Thanks for the info dun was wondering when they would be on there way----I heard a crow the other day after our winters it sure is a good sound, Hope you kept those geese in good shape because if there going to land in any waterways around here --Their going to find the water pretty HARD/

With the expected weather change I'm surprised I don;t hear them flying back south

dun

The west coast flocks stop to rest around here. We're on the approach to their resting grounds. They run a racetrack pattern around our place before landing near the river. Sure nice to hear them again...temps get a few degrees warmer and the sure signs of spring will be spotted. Know that spring is here when the "Daisy Duke's" make the first appearance....makes a fella want to make up an excuse to go into town. DMc

Some Canadian Geese stay year round here. I've never seen any raise a baby on our ponds; too many coyotes, I guess. It wants to be springtime here, too, but it's too dry for the grass to get started. We're supposed to get some rain starting tonight. I've got my fingers crossed.

Frankie":u7gvk1cb said:
Some Canadian Geese stay year round here. I've never seen any raise a baby on our ponds; too many coyotes, I guess. It wants to be springtime here, too, but it's too dry for the grass to get started. We're supposed to get some rain starting tonight. I've got my fingers crossed.

Hope you get the rain Frankie. There are lots of folks in Tx, OK, and other places west of here that are seriously hurting now.

I feel for them.

I always look forward to hearing those frogs that make the peep noise.
CattleAnnie there were robins by the hunnerts in the pasture so they're headed your way.

Latest posts