Mushrooms good or bad

Help Support CattleToday:

Khoisan

Reaction score
Currently grazing cattle at a mushroom farm - they eat quite a lot of the dumped mushrooms.Doesn't see any negative effects - does anyone know about any negative or positive effects?

This is the first time I've heard it, and it's rather strange. We are all used to feeding livestock with grass and grain. What is the use of mushrooms - I don't even know. But I will not argue that they are harmful, since I have not studied this issue in detail. So I tried to look for information on feeding cows with mushrooms and found nothing in essence. There is no information anywhere that it is harmful (well, if an animal eats a poisonous mushroom, the result is obvious and you don't need to write about it). But at the same time, no one writes that it is useful. Personally, I would not experiment, because a lot of effort and money has been invested in animals. I am a supporter of traditional feeding.

Mushrooms aren't their main source of intake - grass are still tops!They just like to enjoy it when it's available, but thanks for the info!

Latest posts