Murray Greys at Ohio State Fair...

Help Support CattleToday:

Wisteria Farms

Reaction score
Hi there! I'm headed to the Ohio State Fair to see the Murray Grey show. Are any of you Murray Grey breeders (from the boards) going to be there? Would like to say hello. Thanks!

certherfbeef":hz3tqda4 said:
Is that still a national show?

Don't know. I printed a schedule for August 7th and whereas they have listed "Open Main Anjou Beef Show","Open Chianina Show", for the Murray's it says Open Murray Grey Beef DISPLAY. Should I take it that it isn't a show at all but just a display? Regardless, we want to see representation from several breeders.

certherfbeef":1mgtekp7 said:

I just found out that it is IN FACT a display. The Ohio Murray Grey Assn. decided (as with the Ohio Beef Expo) to send several animals to be on display for the duration of the fair and have a booth with breed information. There is NO show at the Ohio State Fair.

Wisteria Farms":24t6kodf said:
certherfbeef":24t6kodf said:

I just found out that it is IN FACT a display. The Ohio Murray Grey Assn. decided (as with the Ohio Beef Expo) to send several animals to be on display for the duration of the fair and have a booth with breed information. There is NO show at the Ohio State Fair.

Must have been a BIG loss if interest and drop of cattle numbers. That is a shame too, the breed was making real improvements in the last 10 or 12 years and had some out of state cattle filtering in for the show.

Wisteria Farms":p6dax3pz said:
Hi there! I'm headed to the Ohio State Fair to see the Murray Grey show. Are any of you Murray Grey breeders (from the boards) going to be there? Would like to say hello. Thanks!

Say hello to John Wozny for me at the show. He is a MG breeder in Ohio with some good animals. ;-)

SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":vhspnt0d said:
Wisteria Farms":vhspnt0d said:

Say hello to John Wozny for me at the show. He is a MG breeder in Ohio with some good animals. ;-)

I've been talking to him about buying some of his cows. He's taking Corey and a cow/calf pair up there. Was hoping to look at some of yours (as you are closer than Ohio) but....

certherfbeef":16ex9j5n said:
Wisteria Farms":16ex9j5n said:
certherfbeef":16ex9j5n said:

Must have been a BIG loss if interest and drop of cattle numbers. That is a shame too, the breed was making real improvements in the last 10 or 12 years and had some out of state cattle filtering in for the show.

My understanding is there was some kind of "blow-up" within the Murray Grey Breed associations. I don't have the whole story but I'm working on it. I only know this because I ran into problems getting epd's. I'd like to "spank" everyone involved as it seems to have really caused problems in promotion of the breed (which is a good breed).

Latest posts