murray grey

Help Support CattleToday:

Dun you are a cut up. seriously newborns are a pearl grey and then lighten up or dun out. blacks are thro-backs and Aussies frowned on them and culled rigerously-certainly never showed one. Breed assoc spent years fighting black is beautiful and finally gave up- THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT. If the customer is wrong see above statement. Assoc. Rules were changed to read " cattle so dark as to appear black may"....

I have to admit, next to herefords, murrays take the cake! Love the temperment, and the thickness of them. Really nice calf Springer! Keep up the good work!

Can someone tell me, again, the web site for the association?
How many breeders are there? The breed seems to be picking up in numbers. Again, Really nice calf, cute too :p

certherfbeef":3snfipms said:
Can someone tell me, again, the web site for the association?
How many breeders are there? The breed seems to be picking up in numbers. Again, Really nice calf, cute too :p

Thank you, we have 10 new calves on the ground this spring (100%) and will have some good bulls and heifers.

As to your question, there (unfortunately) are several Murray grey associations, do a google search and take your pick! And as for your other comment, the breed is indeed picking up numbers,especially for the commercial breeder. They have small calves that grow off well,rare calving problems,will add milk to your herd, and have great dispositions.

blacks are thro-backs and Aussies frowned on them and culled rigerously-certainly never showed one.

just a comment from over here in Australia, while it is true that up until now no MG breeder would admit thatthey had a black murray grey, the breed society is now talking about creating a seperate breed in conjunction with the angus society. I believe they will be called 'Grey Angus' and they are hopeful that it will be up and running in about two years time. Occassionally my chocolate females run with a chocolate bull and the calves are always black. Personally, I don't give a damn except if I wanted to show the calf, and in that case I would be stupid enough to take the risk of two dark parents.

blkmrrygrey.jpg
[/img]

This is OSU/ATI Midnight Cinderella
Sire: MCC Triggers Champion
She is out of a VERY dark chocolate cow, I never saw the bull.

Cinderella was the SR. Champion Murray Grey at the Ohio State Fair in 1997. She also was the Sr. champion at the National Show the same week. She has also gone on to produce many,many champions. Some black, some dark. ATI soes not own her any more. And she was my summer praticum project. Very sweet disposition. Don't tell my husband, but I wouldn't mind having a few good silvers around the farm!

certherfbeef":eqt4j3td said:
Sorry the picture is so big, Don't know what I did wrong. :?
It is not your picture. It is that good looking Murray Grey calf. Maybe Macon or CherokeeRuby would post instructions on how to down size
the pictures that we post. I for one, definitely need instructions on how to do that.

I am trying to get an idea on how much it would cost me to buy ten registered Murray Grey heifers for my first start in raising cattle.

**** Murray Grey's they mean nutting to the cattle industry. The best breeds are black cattle for there tenderness. Nobody want's to make a comerical herd with a Murray Grey. People up north want an ANGUS BULL and down south they want a BRANGUS BULL!!!!!! Murray Grey is a breed means nut thing to the cattle industry. The are priceless and needless in the industry. SOOO people need to stop over acting about meanless Murray Grey's.

KTATE":2fayzvaj said:
What is the normal price for a registered Murray Grey weaned heifer calf?

You know, all KTATE wants is for somebody to give some idea what the Hell it'll cost for a Murray Grey weaned heifer calf. It can't be that difficult. Hard to believe that somebody on this board can't help out.

ktate":34m3qmyq said:
I am trying to get an idea on how much it would cost me to buy ten registered Murray Grey heifers for my first start in raising cattle.

All kidding aside, you should be able to get some excellent heifers for 750.00 - 800.00 apeice. First decide what it is you want to do,how many cattle,etc. Commercial vs. seedstock, etc. Research the net to get info on the many different breeds,some of the ag universities have excellent sites. Decide what breed you want to go with, the murray grey is an excellent choice that is getting more and more popular.

Anon...":2jgjyodp said:
be nice Murray Grey's they mean nutting to the cattle industry. The best breeds are black cattle for there tenderness. Nobody want's to make a comerical herd with a Murray Grey. People up north want an ANGUS BULL and down south they want a BRANGUS BULL!!!!!! Murray Grey is a breed means nut thing to the cattle industry. The are priceless and needless in the industry. SOOO people need to stop over acting about meanless Murray Grey's.

Why don't you sign in? You are as stupid as your post.

Latest posts