Murray Grey

Help Support CattleToday:

Central Fl Cracker

Reaction score
Well after seeing Springer bragging about Murray Greys I finally went to his web site. I clicked on breeder locations and to my surprise their is a breeder 7.5 miles from my property. So I guess I will check it out and see for myself. At least I would not pay for much shrinkage.
Springer
Do you know the breeder in Paisley?

P.S.
The breeder is also about 70 miles from Flaboy so maybe he has been holding out what he is really raising. :lol: :lol:

No, I do not know them but I am sure they are fine Christian people. If they do not have anything available to meet your needs, I have a selection of heifers and bulls. (I just sold the two year old Dun (brown) bull, but have the others available). ;-) :cboy:

Central Fl Cracker":2o0dylqe said:
Well after seeing Springer bragging about Murray Greys I finally went to his web site.

Okay, stupid question here, where is a/the link for Springer's website? I do not see it in the profile.

Katherine

Springer
You have got to help me a little bit more than they are good Christians which I am also a strong Southern Baptist Christian. Also what do they sell for at the market and is there any price resitance versus black hide etc. Ie. black angus. I could care less if they are very gentle because like caustic said they are not pets. Please help me convince myself this may be the way to go.
Would you mind if I do a post murrey versus black angus baldies in regards to getting a good price at the market.

You can laugh if you want to, but they are a good breed of cattle. As the saying goes, if ya haven't tried 'em, don't knock 'em! ;-) :lol:

msscamp":2b1dmaoe said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":2b1dmaoe said:
I knew it was only a matter of time before one of the board members would crack :lol: A person can only hear " May I suggest Murray Greys" so many times. :lol2:

You can laugh if you want to, but they are a good breed of cattle. As the saying goes, if ya haven't tried 'em, don't knock 'em! ;-) :lol:
Wasn't laughing at them just tryin to make a joke.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":4u16ibcj said:
msscamp":4u16ibcj said:
Wasn't laughing at them just tryin to make a joke.

I know. ;-)

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":16ikgvif said:
I knew it was only a matter of time before one of the board members would crack :lol: A person can only hear " May I suggest Murray Greys" so many times. :lol2:

And to know a breeder is 7.5 miles from property is really ironic. I could buy a few and almost walk them home. :lol:

Central Fl Cracker":1k9j0imt said:
Springer
You have got to help me a little bit more than they are good Christians which I am also a strong Southern Baptist Christian. Also what do they sell for at the market and is there any price resitance versus black hide etc. Ie. black angus. I could care less if they are very gentle because like caustic said they are not pets. Please help me convince myself this may be the way to go.
Would you mind if I do a post murrey versus black angus baldies in regards to getting a good price at the market.

If I can help you more I will. I sell by private treaty as I raise seedstock. Customers I have sold bulls to tell me that they are very pleased with their calves,they grow off and sell well. I have heard no complaints as to "price resistance" beacuse of their color. They report to me NO calving problems when used on first time heifers,and that they sell well. They have also started using them on their whole herd because they like the calves so well. I do not know how much help you have to work your cattle, but I am sure you realize that temperment does make a difference,and is important when it comes time to work them. How they would compare head -to- head with a black baldy at the salebarn ....I don't know. I suspect it depends a lot on the buyers at the barn, but the calves will be at least as good if not better than the black baldy. If you raise commercial cattle....put a MG Bull on continental cows and have the best of both worlds. ;-) :cboy:

I am truly intersted in Murrey greys since there is a breeder 7.5 miles from my ranch. I am going to post what other people have to say about Murrey cattle so I hope you have thick skin.

Central Fl Cracker":2a59v9jl said:
I am truly intersted in Murrey greys since there is a breeder 7.5 miles from my ranch. I am going to post what other people have to say about Murrey cattle so I hope you have thick skin.

Post away. Try them yourself and make up your own mind! ;-) :cboy:

SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":3rayb62m said:
Central Fl Cracker":3rayb62m said:

Post away. Try them yourself and make up your own mind! ;-) :cboy:

You might want to check and see what experience with the breed anyone has before paying too much attention to what they have to say about them....good or bad. ;-) :cboy:

Had a look at your site. Good site for only a small breeder. Colourful. Wasn't that impressed by the bulls on offer. But I know pictures don't always do them justice. Your cows look good though. I've seen a lot better Murray Greys than your herd sire. Are American genetics limited? Murray Greys seem to be doing OK over here. They excel in steer competitions and in feedlots in Australia.
Colin.

Australian Cattleman":bayhawvy said:
Had a look at your site. Good site for only a small breeder. Colourful. Wasn't that impressed by the bulls on offer. But I know pictures don't always do them justice. Your cows look good though. I've seen a lot better Murray Greys than your herd sire. Are American genetics limited? Murray Greys seem to be doing OK over here. They excel in steer competitions and in feedlots in Australia.
Colin.

Colin, thank you for your critique of my site. The pictures of the bulls are not that good. They look better.Iwas in a hurry and had to go with what I had.There will be updates. I am not billing them as "the best of the breed", but what will help a small commercial cattleman improve his herd. No, my bulls are not the best, but they are good....and I don't sell them for $100,000 apiece either. They are rather camera shy as well, and sometimes it is hard to get good pictures. ;-)

Latest posts